GWM-B5000 Titanium - Page 45
Like Tree3340Likes

Thread: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Page 45 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast

re: GWM-B5000 Titanium

You other guys who have pre-ordered at retail feeling a bit silly, how do you think I feel? I don't even wear Casios. I've got 7 pretty decent resins here that I hunted down very carefully and I love looking at them but I just never wear them. Maybe it's the legibility, maybe it's something else but these babies get close to zero wrist time. If the camo titanium does it, it'll stay, otherwise I'm just gonna dump 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    excellent shots of both
    Thanks. I say that somewhat sarcastically because it's guys like you that have dragged me into gshocks that I just haven't ended up wearing, like at all. Though this time I didn't need your help getting over the line. It's going to be a long wait on the camo because who knows how it will look in the metal.
    JustAbe likes this.

I was on the fence about this G-Shock until I saw it in person at the Topper event. Pre-ordered immediately. I was lucky enough to get both the 35th anniversary Golden square (which I baby way too much) and the stainless steel one at below retail, so I feel comfortable paying full retail for this one. Might even persuade me to part with the golden G-Shock. In any case, a job well done by the folks at Casio.
    Last edited by mexicatl; October 28th, 2019 at 09:08.
    James142, Miklos86, kevio and 1 others like this.

Wonder when Casio will come out with a forged carbon chassis square G.

I think I would rather have that over solid Ti. It could be just like the GW-S5600, but with a forged carbon chassis instead of resin.
    acadian, JustAbe and Miklos86 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CC

Carbon Square can't be far away.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I agree. Casio declared earlier that carbon is the new material they are focusing on. Gravitymaster, Mudmaster got the treatment, other Gs as well, there must be a square someday.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    memento_mori and Time4Playnow like this.
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    CF outer parts would have not so great characteristics on shock impact, getting dinged and deformed and worst case splinter.

Titanium case + resin parts makes most sense for a tool watch but I won't be surprised if we see a ceramic case square L.E. in the future :D

Quote Originally Posted by Seikogi View Post
    CF outer parts would have not so great characteristics on shock impact, getting dinged and deformed and worst case splinter.
    Depending on a quality of the Carbon, the Impact required to cause that kind of damage to a carbon case would totally damage a Ti case too.
    Resin has more damping characteristics when compared to any alloy and carbon but carbon has better damping characteristics when compared to alloy.
    Example - on my mountain bike, Carbon handlebars absorbs way more vibrations caused by the trails than an alloy bar.
    Wheels is a different story because you can build alloy wheels to have more flex.

I’d love to see a carbon square.
    Last edited by acadian; October 30th, 2019 at 06:10.

Titanium case + resin parts makes most sense for a tool watch but I won't be surprised if we see a ceramic case square L.E. in the future :D
    it wouldnt be pure carbon, it would be a blend of materials together, resin coated carbon or as layers like the mtgb1000xb

if they were going to deform or splinter so easily, the owners of these better get the tweezers ready lol

it makes the most sense to have a carbon hybrid for a "tool" watch, best of all worlds esp. lightness. ceramic is brittle, i cant see it happening outside of a caseback like on the gprb.
    Seikogi and JustAbe like this.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    Depending on a quality of the Carbon, the Impact required to cause that kind of damage to a carbon case would totally damage a Ti case too.
    Resin has more damping characteristics when compared to any alloy and carbon but carbon has better damping characteristics when compared to alloy.
    Example - on my mountain bike, Carbon handlebars absorbs way more vibrations caused by the trails than an alloy bar.
    Wheels is a different story because you can build alloy wheels to have more flex.

I’d love to see a carbon square.
    as I said - on the outer parts. It could be an upgrade for the case compared to resin. Titanium certainly is compared to the SS cases since the likelihood of rust between bezel and case would be minimized.

CF is very durable but I managed to ding CF knife handles accidentaly dropping them (Spyderco uses high quality CF), getting it to splinter should be near impossible, still we are talking G-Shock and they are usually tested and used very extreme by some :D

as I said - on the outer parts. It could be an upgrade for the case compared to resin. Titanium certainly is compared to the SS cases since the likelihood of rust between bezel and case would be minimized.

CF is very durable but I managed to ding CF knife handles accidentaly dropping them (Spyderco uses high quality CF), getting it to splinter should be near impossible, still we are talking G-Shock and they are usually tested and used very extreme by some :D
    I was thinking of the center case/core and not the bezel - I agree that a carbon bezel would more susceptible to damage but they could give the bezel a small coating to help with that. I have full carbon mountain bikes that have carbon chain and seat stays that have crashed into rocks, trees, dirt, etc... and have absolutely no splinters, but that's probably helped by the thick layer of resin/clear coat that's on top.

I'm truly excited to see what they come out with next. I just hope they don't out price many of us again.
    Seikogi and JustAbe like this.

Page 45 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread Information