GWM-B5000 Titanium - Page 46
Like Tree3343Likes

Thread: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

re: GWM-B5000 Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    I was thinking of the center case/core and not the bezel - I agree that a carbon bezel would more susceptible to damage but they could give the bezel a small coating to help with that. I have full carbon mountain bikes that have carbon chain and seat stays that have crashed into rocks, trees, dirt, etc... and have absolutely no splinters, but that's probably helped by the thick layer of resin/clear coat that's on top.

I'm truly excited to see what they come out with next. I just hope they don't out price many of us again.
    Where are you guys pre ordering these two titanium watches? I just recently purchased the GMWB5000GD-1 and the IP coating is already rubbing off on my clasp after 3 days of wear. Pretty frustrating. I would not mind picking up one of these titaniums to wear since they wont have this problem. Can anyone point in the right direction to pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by JGShock View Post
    Where are you guys pre ordering these two titanium watches? I just recently purchased the GMWB5000GD-1 and the IP coating is already rubbing off on my clasp after 3 days of wear. Pretty frustrating. I would not mind picking up one of these titaniums to wear since they wont have this problem. Can anyone point in the right direction to pre-order?
    Maybe try contacting Rob at Topper Jewelers?
    Cowboy Bebop likes this.

Maybe try contacting Rob at Topper Jewelers?
    I concur with acadian...contact Rob.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You must be pretty hard in your Gs.....had my black SS for months, and not a scratch.....now the silver has picked up clasp scratches from desk diving, but that’s it.....

JustAbe and FreakyCas like this.
    I have been trying reaallllly hard to keep it below 20, but have just given up now.
    Watches - to many
    Brand - lots

Quote Originally Posted by Seikogi View Post
    as I said - on the outer parts. It could be an upgrade for the case compared to resin. Titanium certainly is compared to the SS cases since the likelihood of rust between bezel and case would be minimized.

CF is very durable but I managed to ding CF knife handles accidentaly dropping them (Spyderco uses high quality CF), getting it to splinter should be near impossible, still we are talking G-Shock and they are usually tested and used very extreme by some :D
    Your Spyderco most likely chipped because most of their scales aren’t full carbon, they are peel-ply on top of G10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seikogi and acadian like this.
    Seiko SBDX012, SBBN029, SBBN040
    Grand Seiko SBGX335
    Bunch of other stuff

Just now saw this. I’ve been living under a rock apparently. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1970 View Post
    You must be pretty hard in your Gs.....had my black SS for months, and not a scratch.....now the silver has picked up clasp scratches from desk diving, but that’s it.....
    IDK this is my first gshock and I have only been typing on a computer at work (I'm an R&D engineer so mostly office environment) and after only 2-3 wears at my desk the clasp has two large streaks of wear. I contacted customer support and they said it should hold up much better than that. Maybe mine is an anomaly but I went ahead and pre ordered the titanium with DLC from topper Jewelers this afternoon. Hopefully that one should be able to handle some desk rubbing. I really just want a nice watch that's nearly indestructible.
    James142 and Makken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1970 View Post
    IDK this is my first gshock and I have only been typing on a computer at work (I'm an R&D engineer so mostly office environment) and after only 2-3 wears at my desk the clasp has two large streaks of wear. I contacted customer support and they said it should hold up much better than that. Maybe mine is an anomaly but I went ahead and pre ordered the titanium with DLC from topper Jewelers this afternoon. Hopefully that one should be able to handle some desk rubbing. I really just want a nice watch that's nearly indestructible.

Let me guess..a Macbook Pro? the damn sharp edges on those laptop eat claps for every meal of the day.

Let me guess..a Macbook Pro? the damn sharp edges on those laptop eat claps for every meal of the day.
    No, currently using the Logitech mx keys keyboard that just came out. But I just thought the IP coating would've been a lot thicker or durable I guess.

Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread Information