GWX-5600-1JF in the House!Mini Review!

Thread: GWX-5600-1JF in the House!Mini Review!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GWX-5600-1JF in the House!Mini Review!

Just recieved My Casio G-Shock GWX-5600-1JF from the outstanding Higuchi San and all i can say is what a watch!Pics and a mini review later as i've just returned from flying duties.
    Last edited by evertonian61; July 6th, 2010 at 11:17.

Re: GWX-5600-1JF in the House!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61 View Post
    Just recieved My Casio G-Shock GWX-5600-1JF from the outstanding Higuchi San and all i can say is what a watch!Pics and a mini review later as i've just returned from flying duties.

Well? It's been 10 minutes... where are the pics?

No way .. you must be the first here at WUS who bought it.
    Congratulations. Can not wait for photos / review.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry Guys just charging up the Digicam batteries plus catching up on mail/tv programmes,etc.just did Miami,plus Boston and Chicago a lot of flying in a 9 days but i now have 11 days off.Pics and mini review later tonight.Its Tough Solar and multi-band 6 with a built-in database of over 100 Tidal spots from all over the World.

Hey buddy, great to hear there is one in the collective WUS stable now. I was definitely close to picking one up - it fits my theme of 'atomic square' perfectly and with tide table, adds something new. The orange bezel text and yellow band text are some excitement along side the traditional white / light blue dial lettering. Yes, I like this watch and look forward to your pictures. :thanks
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61 View Post
    Sorry Guys just charging up the Digicam batteries plus catching up on mail/tv programmes,etc.just did Miami,plus Boston and Chicago a lot of flying in a 9 days but i now have 11 days off.Pics and mini review later tonight.Its Tough Solar and multi-band 6 with a built-in database of over 100 Tidal spots from all over the World.
    Are you an airline pilot or a military pilot? What type of plane do you fly?

Me to can't wait to see the pics!!!
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Re: GWX-5600-1JF in the House!Mini Review

Ok My friends sorry for delay but here Ya go.Size-wise its got the same dimensions as the GLX-5600 the amount of technology they've packed into this watch is simply amazing.The band/casing shares the same shiny black colouring as the GLX-5600.Here's a quick pic,

The watch comes with a thick Japanese-Only manual but luckily an English manual is available via Casio's database meaning they'll be releasing a Worldwide version of this beauty.The watch is setup to Japanese time but it synched within minutes at My first attempt.The watch is set up to have tide info for Newquay in Cornwall,UK as the beach of choice but there are two more British beaches available however You can Customize the beach to one of Your own as there is a setting named,"User",You then look up Your local tide time for first High tide and enter that time in hours/minutes format the watch's Tide Calculkator will then automatically adjust the second High tide time as well as the times for the 2 Low tides.

Be aware this is primarily aimed at the Surfing community as the main stopwatch counts upto 60 minutes there are also Two seperate Countdown timers that are set to 99 Minutes each You can configure these as heat timers.There is an extensive Worldtime feature,4 seperate alarms,Snooze alarm and Hourly chime(fully configurable),EL Backlight not an LED(Thankgod)that You can set to illuminate from 1 to 3 second duration,Auto EL,Tough Solar and ofcourse Multi-Band 6 Atomic timekeeping.Early impressions,very accurate as far as Tide feature is concerned and all in all its a great little watch.Sorry for the short review but enjoy some more scans of the watch.Thankyou for lettimg Me share oh and for those who inquired i fly a Boeing-777.

Congrats evertonian this looks great, love the display layout, excellent photos too, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    Congrats evertonian this looks great, love the display layout, excellent photos too, thanks for posting.
    That's very kind of You sorry for the brevity of the review but i guess Forum members want to see what the watch actually looks like!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information