GWX-5600B-7: A Few Quick Shots of A New Acquisition
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GWX-5600B-7: A Few Quick Shots of A New Acquisition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GWX-5600B-7: A Few Quick Shots of A New Acquisition

I have always liked black and white G's. (For example, I'm a fan of the Brooklyn Circus and DQM 6900s -- both of which have versions of this color scheme (lack of color scheme?)). So I have looked longingly, on and off, at the GWX-5600B-7 since its release late last year.

I was put off, though, by the fact that the GWX-5600 stopwatch only runs 59'59" and countdown timers only run 99'. They are designed, obviously, for surfing and other athletic uses. I tend to use my G-Shock STW and CDT for more prosaic purposes -- timing long drives; setting "deadlines" for myself in the office, etc. So these short durations are a definite negative for me. Still, I really like the look of this one and I do have plenty of other choices on days where I know I'm going to want a longer STW and/or CDT.

I saw one yesterday at a shop in a subway station -- one of those "only in NYC" kind of places, there is a barber shop, a shoe shine and repair guy and a watch repair guy who also sells G's, Citizens, Seikos and Pulsars. He had this one for 20% off -- about the same or maybe $10 less than it goes for on eBay right now. I couldn't resist! (What else is new?)

Sedi has a great review and pictures of this watch here.

Here are a few more shots I grabbed this morning on the way to work:

Outdoors:

In the subway station:

Last edited by Kronos; November 16th, 2011 at 16:49. Reason: cleaned up typos, added text
    MUDMAN likes this.

Re: GWX-5600B-7: A Few Quick Shots of A New Acquisition

Like the negative display tide graph.. dislike the glossy strap.. overall, a little small for me but a classic look. Congrats on the pick-up.

Congrats .. and on a deal hard to pass up! I too have looked at this one, tried it on a coupla times. Maybe some day .... looks great though. Enjoy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Like the negative display tide graph.. dislike the glossy strap.. overall, a little small for me but a classic look. Congrats on the pick-up.
    Agree re the negative display tide graph -- and I agree with Sedi's review last year that the negative display overall is not as good as some others Casio has done. I agree, as well, re the glossy strap. I think the whole look (strap and bezel both) would have been cooler with a matte finish like the DQM 6900.

As for size, maybe it is the color scheme -- but this "reads" larger on my wrist than a typical 5600. And, post weight loss, with at least slightly smaller wrists, I'm finding the 5600s plenty big enough for me (though I also still enjoy my oversized G's from the GD series to the new 8900s, to the Raysmen!)

Congrats Mod, very very cool!
    By the way, i do love the 5600 series and i really like the colors combo on this one.
    Now, i know where to pick up cool G's if one day i will visit NYC.

cheers.

Although I'm not a big fan of the 5600 because of it's size, this one always catches my eye. I've tried it on a couple of times because I really like the color combo. As stated above..."Maybe someday." Congrats on a good looking G and a good deal!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

very nice, ive been wanting a square g, i was thinking of an orange king but i love this one!!

Nice one. I really like the display on this model.

I like that a lot. Enjoy.

I do like the white/black look on 5600's. I'd quite happily add one of those to my collection and give it some wrist time. Great choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information