GWX5600C-4 module swap question
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GWX5600C-4 module swap question

Can I place a module from the Japanese only GWX-5600-1 into the GWX-5600C-4 to get a positive lcd solar/atomic G-lide? The GWX-5600C-4 is cheap enough now that a module swap would be affordable. The GWX-5600-1 module is available on PacParts for $83.26. Or could I go even cheap and just swap out the LCD for $10.02? I have not done an LCD swap before and will look it up on the tutorials.

But I would appreciate your input. I know a few of you (cough-Yankeexepress) have the Japanese model and some have the domestic model. There are old threads reviewing them, but I would love some updated opinions please.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great holiday week.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

Looks like Rakuten has the GWX-5600-1 for around $140ish It may be cheaper to go that route unless the lcd swap will take care of the negative display issue. And if the lcd swap is straight forward without any issues.

I once tried changing the lcd on my GWX5600C-7 from a negative to a positive display. I ordered a Casio 91087022952 lcd from pacparts.com I was inspired by the tutorial information in this thread by idkfa:HOW TO: DW-5600E Module Disassembly / LCD Swap I was able to take my GWX5600C-7 apart down to the lcd, but was unsuccessful in reassembling it. Sadly, I ended up destroying my watch. I am sure a more experienced G-Shock modder can perform this procedure. It was a learning experience to say the least. I hope you are successful.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was going to mark "like" but I figured that would be hurtful.
    Thanks for the information. Maybe I will not be switching the lcd after all.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    I once tried changing the lcd on my GWX5600C-7 from a negative to a positive display. I ordered a Casio 91087022952 lcd from pacparts.com I was inspired by the tutorial information in this thread by idkfa:HOW TO: DW-5600E Module Disassembly / LCD Swap I was able to take my GWX5600C-7 apart down to the lcd, but was unsuccessful in reassembling it. Sadly, I ended up destroying my watch. I am sure a more experienced G-Shock modder can perform this procedure. It was a learning experience to say the least. I hope you are successful.
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I was going to mark "like" but I figured that would be hurtful.
    Thanks for the information. Maybe I will not be switching the lcd after all.
    Thank you for your empathy. The way I see it, this forum is all about sharing both our good and bad experiences with G-Shocks. If others can learn from our mistakes, then my misfortune with my GWX5600C-7 would have not been in vain. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

FWIW: I had the same experience with a GW5500 - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mod...e-1031138.html

But I bought a module replacement, so it was resurrected - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw5...n-1078790.html

is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins? you want the red gwx5600 with positive display right?

same gwx models so the modules should fit

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins?
    Glass also has different markings.
    G-fob likes this.

When you took the module out, was the module connected via springs to the solar panel or wire clip like a Riseman? The only experience I have had with a solar module was my WS-220-2 that was connected to the solar panel with springs and the module popped right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    Thank you for your empathy. The way I see it, this forum is all about sharing both our good and bad experiences with G-Shocks. If others can learn from our mistakes, then my misfortune with my GWX5600C-7 would have not been in vain. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins? you want the red gwx5600 with positive display right?

same gwx models so the modules should fit
    I like the look of the GWX-5600C-4 with the purple accents on the glass. The only positive lcd GWX-5600 is the one from Japan. I do not wish to have a negative display if possible. My eyes are now taking longer to adjust while trying to look at something up close for just a glance at the time and a negative display will make it take twice as long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information