GWX5600C-4 module swap question
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,967

    GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    Can I place a module from the Japanese only GWX-5600-1 into the GWX-5600C-4 to get a positive lcd solar/atomic G-lide? The GWX-5600C-4 is cheap enough now that a module swap would be affordable. The GWX-5600-1 module is available on PacParts for $83.26. Or could I go even cheap and just swap out the LCD for $10.02? I have not done an LCD swap before and will look it up on the tutorials.

    But I would appreciate your input. I know a few of you (cough-Yankeexepress) have the Japanese model and some have the domestic model. There are old threads reviewing them, but I would love some updated opinions please.


    Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great holiday week.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,967

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    Looks like Rakuten has the GWX-5600-1 for around $140ish It may be cheaper to go that route unless the lcd swap will take care of the negative display issue. And if the lcd swap is straight forward without any issues.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  3. #3
    Member EXCALIBUR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    917

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    I once tried changing the lcd on my GWX5600C-7 from a negative to a positive display. I ordered a Casio 91087022952 lcd from pacparts.com I was inspired by the tutorial information in this thread by idkfa:HOW TO: DW-5600E Module Disassembly / LCD Swap I was able to take my GWX5600C-7 apart down to the lcd, but was unsuccessful in reassembling it. Sadly, I ended up destroying my watch. I am sure a more experienced G-Shock modder can perform this procedure. It was a learning experience to say the least. I hope you are successful.
    EXCALIBUR1

    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,967

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    I was going to mark "like" but I figured that would be hurtful.
    Thanks for the information. Maybe I will not be switching the lcd after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    I once tried changing the lcd on my GWX5600C-7 from a negative to a positive display. I ordered a Casio 91087022952 lcd from pacparts.com I was inspired by the tutorial information in this thread by idkfa:HOW TO: DW-5600E Module Disassembly / LCD Swap I was able to take my GWX5600C-7 apart down to the lcd, but was unsuccessful in reassembling it. Sadly, I ended up destroying my watch. I am sure a more experienced G-Shock modder can perform this procedure. It was a learning experience to say the least. I hope you are successful.
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  6. #5
    Member EXCALIBUR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    917

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I was going to mark "like" but I figured that would be hurtful.
    Thanks for the information. Maybe I will not be switching the lcd after all.
    Thank you for your empathy. The way I see it, this forum is all about sharing both our good and bad experiences with G-Shocks. If others can learn from our mistakes, then my misfortune with my GWX5600C-7 would have not been in vain. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    EXCALIBUR1

    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    994

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    FWIW: I had the same experience with a GW5500 - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mod...e-1031138.html

    But I bought a module replacement, so it was resurrected - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw5...n-1078790.html

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raincouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,679

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins? you want the red gwx5600 with positive display right?

    same gwx models so the modules should fit
    _________________
    Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.Oscar Wilde

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    994

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins?
    Glass also has different markings.
    G-fob likes this.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,967

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    When you took the module out, was the module connected via springs to the solar panel or wire clip like a Riseman? The only experience I have had with a solar module was my WS-220-2 that was connected to the solar panel with springs and the module popped right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    Thank you for your empathy. The way I see it, this forum is all about sharing both our good and bad experiences with G-Shocks. If others can learn from our mistakes, then my misfortune with my GWX5600C-7 would have not been in vain. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,967

    Re: GWX5600C-4 module swap question

    Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins? you want the red gwx5600 with positive display right?

    same gwx models so the modules should fit
    I like the look of the GWX-5600C-4 with the purple accents on the glass. The only positive lcd GWX-5600 is the one from Japan. I do not wish to have a negative display if possible. My eyes are now taking longer to adjust while trying to look at something up close for just a glance at the time and a negative display will make it take twice as long.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Casio Pilgrimage and module swap question.
      By Chibatastic in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: September 11th, 2014, 23:35
    2. My first mod (module swap)
      By boomslice in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: August 8th, 2011, 21:22
    3. module swap AW582c
      By gunzUSCG in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: August 20th, 2009, 04:29
    4. Medman module swap/stealth question
      By xxdbxx in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: February 25th, 2008, 04:59
    5. mudman module swap
      By shakyjake64 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: May 24th, 2007, 15:22

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •