GX-56 vs. GD-X6900
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: GX-56 vs. GD-X6900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GX-56 vs. GD-X6900

I'd love to see the square vs. round battle. Anyone have comparison pics as well as specs? I would in no way buy the GD-X6900 as I'm not big on the normal DW6900 series but am very curious to the size relation of these two big guys.

Hail to the King, baby.

Re: GX-56 vs. GD-X6900

I think I have seen many comparison pics already, but this is the one I posted in my article about my GD-X6900 last week. BTW, just noticed the Rangeman is a little bit wider than the King. Anyone told you that thing is also BIG?

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; October 12th, 2013 at 20:59.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Ignoring the symmetrical difference, a GDX-6900 is actually very very close in size to the GA series. And as you already know I'm sure, the KING is definitely slightly bigger (and heavier?) than the GA-110s and GA-100s and GA-150s and GA-120s and....(you get the picture). So definitely, without having seen these 2 model side by side, I can safely say that the KING is definitely slightly bigger.

But size is not everything. The KING is a definitely awesome, but the GDX-6900 are actually, honestly, and seriously, pretty badass as well, if you ask me. =)

Edit: this is posted before I saw Sjors post. Anyway, his picture says it all. =D Btw Sjors, if you are reading this, did you see the post about the Malaysian having a pretty badass collection as well? Is he known in the G-Shock world? Pardon my ignorance...and sorry for hijacking your thread OP. =)
    Last edited by Cognac0113; October 12th, 2013 at 21:02.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys!

Hail to the King, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post
    Edit: this is posted before I saw Sjors post. Anyway, his picture says it all. =D Btw Sjors, if you are reading this, did you see the post about the Malaysian having a pretty badass collection as well? Is he known in the G-Shock world? Pardon my ignorance...and sorry for hijacking your thread OP. =)
    Yes, I saw that pic a few days before it was posted here. There are more people with a bigger collection out there. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. That was in the past and that's now. I remember I looked up against Giez (Album in Blue) and Yamazaru-san, who already had a huge collection more than 10 years ago (Giez had almost 400 I remember, I had maybe half that count). I'm not intrigued by quantity. I know I have quite a lot, but that's no wonder after more than 13 years collecting. Have you ever seen G-Mania's collection? He does have maybe practically all there was ever released. A very well balanced out collection, obviously a long time collector with a deep passion for the G. Also a very nice man to change G-Thoughts with.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

It says that the GD-X6900 is 8% bigger then the DW, to me it looks more like 15%.

The statistics battle has been done. Now it's on for the bar - room brawl! J/k. I got a gdx6900 yesterday. I'm not the biggest 6900 fan, but I think the gdx looks better as the "clutter" is a little more spread out.

Doesn't replace my kings though.

sent with aloha
    Last edited by Chrisek; October 13th, 2013 at 03:12.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

all hail the King(s).

the King of G will always be a classic but this new GD-X6900 is really interesting. I have yet to see one myself. So far, I've only got my eyes set on the MNM model.
    starscream and KillaSkill like this.

I came up with my own way of estimating bulk. What I did was calculated the size (in cubic centimetres) of a cuboid that would be needed to contain the watch minus the band. This gives: GX-56 at 52.06 cm3, then GW-9400 at 53.75 cm3 and finally GD-X6900 at 63.22 cm3. So the GD-X6900 seems the bulkiest. But perhaps the flaw in my argument is that the GD-X6900 measures very thick but perhaps this is the 'bulge' above the light button? Just now I am comparing my GD-X6900 with one of my Kings. The GD-X is a big watch for sure. And the metal case back bulges out whereas the case back of the King is flat and recessed even under the back resin. I'll try to summarise.....the GD-X is a big watch and IMHO compares with the King in bulk!
    KillaSkill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theWrist View Post
    all hail the King(s).

the King of G will always be a classic but this new GD-X6900 is really interesting. I have yet to see one myself. So far, I've only got my eyes set on the MNM model.
    You have 3 DGKings? Awesome! I'd like to nab one for a modest price.

Hail to the King, baby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information