WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GXW-56-1AJF is driving me crazy!

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  tungsten24 
#1 ·
Well, in the beginning of July, I was in Japan visiting families and while I was there, I bought GA-100A. For some reason, I fell in love with this watch. Now, right when I came back from Japan, they released the GXW-56. Now, I really want this. I like the size of it and also I want a solar atomic one. I found some on yahoo auction in Japan, but no one ships to US. Ebay sells them, but more expensive that what you can get it on yahoo Japan. Does anyone know a place where we can get this for somewhat less than on Ebay or is that as cheap its going to get from US? Thanks for any advice!

p.s. People may just tell me to "ask your family", but if I could do that, I would, but I can't right now, so that is the reason, I am seeking for some help here. :-d Thanks!

#2 ·
Look into FromJapan.com. Ive used them twice before with excellent results. They act as an agent for you to bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions. the cost is reasonable and once you set up an account with them, the sailing is pretty smooth. Ive actually acquired one of my grails with this method.

Ive been thinking again of doing the same with the same watch you are considering.

Hope that helps.

#3 ·
Thank you very much! I will definitely check into that. It is about $50 less for the cost of the watch itself, so I will see which will be more cost effective. I appreciate the info.

By the way, seems like this watch is big, but I can't wait to see it in person. I wonder how many people like it! Which color are you considering? I am considering the black and red one.

#10 ·
Here is an update. I bought the GXW-56-1JAF from ebay here on Thursday August 12th and paid the guy immediately. In his description, it says he will ship it out withing 5 days after I paid him and tomorrow will be the 5th day and I have emailed him 3 times and no response yet. He is in Japan and I figured he might not understand English, so I kindly wrote a message in both English and Japanese and no response yet. This is now pissing me off and making me worry at the same time. He better get back with me or ship the watch out and provide me with the tracking number or I will have to take some further action. Has anything like this happen to anyone here? If there is, what do you recommend doing? Thanks for any help!

#11 ·
Still no response from the seller. Today is the 6th day and not a word or anything. I am getting pissed and worried at the same time.

If someone is planning to buy a watch from ebay, be careful buying from a guy called bigsudachi. I made a big mistake by buying from this D-bag. I do not buy from this guy again. If are the as impatient as I am, I do not recommend buying from this guy.

I am still waiting for something. If not by the end of the day tomorrow, I am going to issue a claim and try to get a full refund.

#13 ·
Still no response from the seller. Today is the 6th day and not a word or anything. I am getting pissed and worried at the same time.

If someone is planning to buy a watch from ebay, be careful buying from a guy called bigsudachi. I made a big mistake by buying from this D-bag. I do not buy from this guy again. If are the as impatient as I am, I do not recommend buying from this guy.

I am still waiting for something. If not by the end of the day tomorrow, I am going to issue a claim and try to get a full refund.
Ouch, did you pay by paypal? If so file a dispute in case anything happens. I hope everything works out for you! This watch is definitely cool, big numbers and nice look overall. Too bad I have to sell mine though.

#15 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments.

ORC - I have read somewhere in this forum that they bought it from the link in your post and had no problem. I wish you luck! Keep me posted!

aznsniper - I paid via paypal and like Joakim said, I will wait 1 to 2 more days and then if still no contact, I will issue a dispute. Why are you selling yours???

Thanks and I hope no one has to go through this!

#16 ·
Good luck and yep, when the time comes, file a formal dispute with eBay.

I have, as a buyer and eBay has always come through. Make sure you carefully document e-mails and contact attempts with the seller.

#17 ·
I ordered from the same place as ORC above and I am concerned as well.
I saw positive recommendation of Eyeshop.com here and decided to give it a try as they showed the watch in stock.

The PayPal went through and they sent confirmation but it's been a few days and no mention of shipping and they don't respond to any e-mails.
I will file with PayPal in a few days if no communication is provided.

I feel your pain and sense it too. :roll:

Edit: Interesting, now it says "allow up to 8 days" next to the watch on their site. I'll bet they ran out of stock and continued to take orders.

#18 ·
I hope this is the last update until I actually get the watch.

I FINALLY got an email back from the seller. He told me that last week was a holiday week in Japan which I knew, but I didn't expect stores to close on holiday week (that's when people go out and spend their money!). So I guess that explains why he did not return any emails at all.

However, after he told me if will be shipped on the 19th, I got an email after that saying that he "received" the watch and checked it and there was a scratch on the back, so he is trying to get an exchange and the shipping maybe delayed couple of days...... Kinda sounds fishy, but at least I will be getting a scratch free watch if what he is telling is the truth.

Well, I hope he sends it to me soon. I can;t wait to get it. I didn;t expect to go through this when I just bought something I really wanted. However, I was looking at Casio USA and Casio Japan sites deciding what I could get in the mean time I was waiting for this one to come. :-d

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.