GXW-56-1AJF is driving me crazy!

Thread: GXW-56-1AJF is driving me crazy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GXW-56-1AJF is driving me crazy!

Well, in the beginning of July, I was in Japan visiting families and while I was there, I bought GA-100A. For some reason, I fell in love with this watch. Now, right when I came back from Japan, they released the GXW-56. Now, I really want this. I like the size of it and also I want a solar atomic one. I found some on yahoo auction in Japan, but no one ships to US. Ebay sells them, but more expensive that what you can get it on yahoo Japan. Does anyone know a place where we can get this for somewhat less than on Ebay or is that as cheap its going to get from US? Thanks for any advice!

p.s. People may just tell me to "ask your family", but if I could do that, I would, but I can't right now, so that is the reason, I am seeking for some help here. Thanks!

Re: GXW-56-1AJF is driving me crazy!

Look into FromJapan.com. Ive used them twice before with excellent results. They act as an agent for you to bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions. the cost is reasonable and once you set up an account with them, the sailing is pretty smooth. Ive actually acquired one of my grails with this method.

Ive been thinking again of doing the same with the same watch you are considering.

Hope that helps.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

Thank you very much! I will definitely check into that. It is about $50 less for the cost of the watch itself, so I will see which will be more cost effective. I appreciate the info.

By the way, seems like this watch is big, but I can't wait to see it in person. I wonder how many people like it! Which color are you considering? I am considering the black and red one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It wont be cheaper ordering it from Yahoo Japan. I have checked it up myself and came to the conclusion that with all the bank/CC fees and shipping, it would end up around $270-$280 which is very similar to the prices on ebay.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

So I just ordered mine! Now I can't wait to get it. It sucks to be an impatient person! This would be my 4th G-shock! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by tungsten24 View Post
    So I just ordered mine! Now I can't wait to get it. It sucks to be an impatient person! This would be my 4th G-shock! Yay!
    Tungsten, you made me look at these again, and now I want the gold GXW-56-1BJF!!!!

--Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregNYC View Post
    Tungsten, you made me look at these again, and now I want the gold GXW-56-1BJF!!!!

well, lets get it!!

I was contemplating for good 2 weeks on whether to buy it or not, but I told myself that I don't want to regret later, so if I want it that bad, get it and I did and I feel so much better!

I am not sure if I am "helping" your situation with my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by tungsten24 View Post
    Did you end up ordering it from ebay or Yahoo Japan?

Anyway!

I am jealous of you as I want one of these badly...
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Did you end up ordering it from ebay or Yahoo Japan?

Anyway!

I am jealous of you as I want one of these badly...

Sorry, I should have mentioned. I bought it from ebay. The fromjapan.com seemed interesting, but like you said, it was pretty much the same price after all and I was lazy to create a new account, so I just went with ebay.

You know, like I did, just get it if/when you can! I saved up a little and bought it when I could! You will not regret it! I just can't wait to get it in my possession!!!

Here is an update. I bought the GXW-56-1JAF from ebay here on Thursday August 12th and paid the guy immediately. In his description, it says he will ship it out withing 5 days after I paid him and tomorrow will be the 5th day and I have emailed him 3 times and no response yet. He is in Japan and I figured he might not understand English, so I kindly wrote a message in both English and Japanese and no response yet. This is now pissing me off and making me worry at the same time. He better get back with me or ship the watch out and provide me with the tracking number or I will have to take some further action. Has anything like this happen to anyone here? If there is, what do you recommend doing? Thanks for any help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information