GXW-56 golden King arrived

Thread: GXW-56 golden King arrived

GXW-56 golden King arrived

Yep... it's big...

But as Sjors mentioned in his blog it's not that it's bigger than any current G it's mostly that it's SQUARE.

Now I know why almost all current Gs are round and not square...

Still, she's a keeper for me... love the clean look and modern technology all in one and this one certanly is top of the heap...

Here are some crapy cell pics... will add more later...

Was thinking about writing a full review but everything that's there to say it's already said on Sjors blog...

EDIT: As you can tell king synced last night but
    atomic frog didn't (RCVD is visble on 56)... I also like my
    buttons muted... ;)

Cheers

Last edited by duke4c; August 9th, 2010 at 21:35.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Re: GXW-56 golden King arrived

Was thinking about writing a full review but everything that's there to say it's already said on Sjors blog...
    That's a shame really - I quite like reading different points of view etc regarding the same watch; I think that makes the forum a success really ie the expression of different ways of looking at things.

It would be nice to see more reviews on here - the reviews section itself looks a little lightweight in comparism to the rest of the forum.

Tbh just posting pics of new models is a bit pointless after the first few shots of the latest model have appeared.

NB: not knocking you at all, just a shame that we dip out on a potentially good/interesting review just because someone else has already written one.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Just waiting to come from vacation to order one in Black/Red for me... So I can be there when the package arrives...

I like them BIG:::

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NickintheLakes View Post
    That's a shame really - I quite like reading different points of view etc regarding the same watch; I think that makes the forum a success really ie the expression of different ways of looking at things.

It would be nice to see more reviews on here - the reviews section itself looks a little lightweight in comparism to the rest of the forum.

Tbh just posting pics of new models is a bit pointless after the first few shots of the latest model have appeared.

NB: not knocking you at all, just a shame that we dip out on a potentially good/interesting review just because someone else has already written one.
    That's a good point mate.
    If we all stop writing reviews
    and opinipns than we might as well
    stop taking pics because
    someone else already took
    a far better pic than I ever could.
    And just like that the entire
    forum becomes a bit pointless...

Not to mention that I also
    like to read different reviews.

Bur albert, yestarday I wasn't
    thinking about it at all.

Now if ypu'd excuse me
    i have a better pics to take
    and a review to write...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

its so big, you could also wrap an iphone around your wrist!
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

wow, really? its that big?!

(it wears like the new GWF1000 frogman?!)

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    wow, really? its that big?!

(it wears like the new GWF1000 frogman?!)
    It actually wears BIGGER than new frog. Remeber frog is round and King is the same diametar but SQUARE.

After wearing a King for couple of days new frog feels kinda smallish...

Wink Re: GXW-56 golden King arrived

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    Hi Duke,

First of all, congratulations with your new watch. As for my review, I tend to make my reviews pretty personally. This means that things I write about what I think of a model can be totally different what someone else think of it. Although I am not good in it, I try to tell why I think about it that way. In that way, it is probably better to have more reviews, so people can see what different people think.

I also try to look at points from a positive view. It's pretty easy to bring a function or a design down, but things often get more interesting if you look for the reasons and perspective in time. Like "of course a Databank is a crappy function, but back in 2000/2001 I had some numbers programmed in my Raysman, ust in case. Well, now I just have all my contacts in my iPhone and computer, including private, mobile and work number and e-mail addresses."

I probably always forget something. I realized yesterday night before I fell in sleep that I forgot to mention that the signal reception on the GXW-56 was remarkable good. Often I have to sync Waveceptors in a window, or try several times. While sitting in the middle of the living room the watch immediately went up to signal strength level 3, which is pretty good.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    It actually wears BIGGER than new frog. Remeber frog is round and King is the same diametar but SQUARE.

After wearing a King for couple of days new frog feels kinda smallish...
    i think this is the end of the GXW-56 road for me

my skinny wrist can't pull off wearing such a big watch

I enjoy reading multile reviews too. It's better to get multiple perspectives rather than just one.

I figured I'd wait to see real pics of the GX-56 before I ordered and now I just have to pick which one I'll be ordering first.

Kev

Thread Information