Just bought the highly anticipated gold faced GXW-56-1BJF last night in Tokyo for US$215. Liked the black stealth buttons better than the red buttons on the reverse display.
According to salesman those bad boys just came in Saturday!
Just a mini review sorry no pics at the moment.
- Made in JAPAN! Surprised by this as I thought only Frogs were made in Japan.
- Very comfortable double tang strap. Grooves doesn't eat into skin like Gulfman. More comforable than the GW-7900B even without the flaps.
- Light and comfortable. Doesn't really feel it's there.
- Big face. About the size of GW200 Frogs.
- Nice and crisp display.
- Big round buttons are easy to operate/press unlike Mudman. Easy to press even with gloves.
- Module is similar to GW-5000. Not sure if GW-5000 has the switchable world time (in place of the day/date).
Let me know if you need further info