GXW56 1B
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: GXW56 1B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

GXW56 1B

I've just managed to snag myself the above on eBay this evening for £60, which for a second hand GXW56 in good condition is a bargain I think.

I now have three Kings (this one joins my GX56-4 and my GXW56-GB).

I wasn't really in the market for another King, but I always liked the only model to use a positive display, so when I happened upon this one at such a decent price, as a confirmed G-Shock addict I had to bid!

I'll be posting a photo of the new arrival as soon as it, er, arrives.

Will also pay a visit to the King count thread.

Cheers,
    Ash
    Chrisek, KillaSkill and CanonMan like this.

Re: GXW56 1B

Congrats Ash! Glad to hear the kings are going over well in your house! Enjoy :beer:

sent with aloha
    Ash Li likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

a bargain indeed! congrats!
    Ash Li likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Crikey that's a steal, figuratively speaking :-P

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Ash Li likes this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Banned

Thanks guys. When I was after my first King it was the 1B I wanted most due to the positive display, but fate brought me the GXW-56GB, which I must say I've loved every minute of owning. This latest purchase got me thinking - why did Casio choose to make the GXW Japan only? And is there another model of G-Shock that Casio have kept to their home market also?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Li View Post
    Thanks guys. When I was after my first King it was the 1B I wanted most due to the positive display, but fate brought me the GXW-56GB, which I must say I've loved every minute of owning. This latest purchase got me thinking - why did Casio choose to make the GXW Japan only? And is there another model of G-Shock that Casio have kept to their home market also?
    The Frogman series, GW-5000, and a few other solar/atomic models, I think.
    Ash Li likes this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Congrats! sounds like a great deal on an awesome watch!

now that the King is dead, does it seem like people are buying it more? seeing a lot of GX56 threads recently.. wish it would have sold better when it was alive, maybe Casio would not have scrapped it then. If it starts selling well now you think Casio might change their minds?
    Ash Li likes this.

£60! a mega bargain! Hope the crystal is perfect (no reason it shouldn't be) if so £28 at Casio UK (band and bezel if needed) would yield basically a brand new watch. My Atomic 1B king cost me £220 to get in from Japan a few months back. My other 3 non-atomic Kings are sulking in the sock drawer. Enjoy!!!
    Ash Li likes this.

I paid about $240 USD last month for my GXW-56-1B and couldn't be happier. I stumbled upon a GX-56GB-1 on Kijiji on Saturday and bought it for $60 for work. Definitely prefer the positive display but like the variance from work to home.
    Ash Li likes this.

Hail to the King, baby.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    £60! a mega bargain! Hope the crystal is perfect (no reason it shouldn't be) if so £28 at Casio UK (band and bezel if needed) would yield basically a brand new watch. My Atomic 1B king cost me £220 to get in from Japan a few months back. My other 3 non-atomic Kings are sulking in the sock drawer. Enjoy!!!
    Cheers bro. When I was planning my first King acquisition I gave serious consideration to importing the same model you did. It was only by luck that I found a perfect used atomic GB in the UK (and even driving distance from my home), so decided not to fight the hand of fate. I've always fancied the posi display version though, so I'm pretty pleased with my luck on this latest purchase. I guess only my buddies here at F17 can truly understand!

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkill View Post
    I paid about $240 USD last month for my GXW-56-1B and couldn't be happier. I stumbled upon a GX-56GB-1 on Kijiji on Saturday and bought it for $60 for work. Definitely prefer the positive display but like the variance from work to home.
    $240 is a great price I think. And as for $60 for a GX-56GB, man, that's a bargain that equals or even exceeds my little pick up!
    KillaSkill likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information