Hand alignment
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryK30

Thread: Hand alignment

Banned

Hand alignment

I got new 5055 Mtg on Friday. I might be ocd but to me the minute hand seems about 10 seconds off. If i use the manual hand alignment and bump it forward one click everything looks great. Problem is the next time it does the auto alignment it goes back to the prior setting. Ive tried doing a manual sync after like the manual says to do, same thing. Any suggestions or do i just learn to live with it. I ordered it from Japan so id really like to not send it back.

Re: Hand alignment

I don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...e-4373826.html

Sassi likes this.

By the way, do you mean module 5055? Is the watch an MTG-1500?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Yes module 5055

Banned
    Mine does not have a second hand so that video is different than mine. I followed the manual to do the alignment.

Banned
    The minute hand looks perfect on the marker at 10-19 seconds. This is my first G that moves every 10 seconds so maybe this is the way they are suppose to be.

I feel sorry for you but yeah, the MTG-1500 doesn't have a fine adjustment function like the more recent tough movement modules. Someone will have to take off the hands and reinstall them properly.
    I don't know everything, I just know what I know

Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    Mine does not have a second hand so that video is different than mine. I followed the manual to do the alignment.
    Sorry you have misalignment of minute hand. Try this: right after the automatic adjustment before you press the crown down to finalize it, try to engage manual adjustment same as in the video. Doesn't matter if you have a second hand or not, you should be able to trigger manual adjustment and all you need to do is to advance your minute hand one click. I don't have the same watch so I don't know if manual adjustment would be triggered exactly the same way as on Mudmasters GPWs or Gulfies, but worth a try. Good luck and please let us know if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJAZZ View Post
    Sorry you have misalignment of minute hand. Try this: right after the automatic adjustment before you press the crown down to finalize it, try to engage manual adjustment same as in the video. Doesn't matter if you have a second hand or not, you should be able to trigger manual adjustment and all you need to do is to advance your minute hand one click. I don't have the same watch so I don't know if manual adjustment would be triggered exactly the same way as on Mudmasters GPWs or Gulfies, but worth a try. Good luck and please let us know if that works.
    The MTG-1500 doesn't have a crown, but there may be some other way to adjust the hands and have the watch remember it, rather than overriding it at the next hourly automatic adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    The MTG-1500 doesn't have a crown, but there may be some other way to adjust the hands and have the watch remember it, rather than overriding it at the next hourly automatic adjustment.
    Oh I didn't know since I don't have that model. I hope there is a way to adjust it rather than opening the watch...

Thread Information