hand removal

Thread: hand removal

hand removal

Hi all,
    Just been wondering as I've read some posts on "stealthing" about how hard it is to remove hands from the watch face. Any tips, tools needed?
    I been thinking about stealthing a G-100

Thanks,
    ScurvyLubber

Re: hand removal

I've removed hands from quartz and mechanical watches, but never a G-Shock. You need a "hands puller" that does just that. You can get one here about halfway down the page, #RM 590345 - $12.10. To reattach the hands you need some plastic tweezers and/or a hand setting tool. I think if you try to do it with improper tools you run the risk of damaging the hands or watch or both. Good luck!

Thank you much for that. I've never removed hands on any watch but I am aware that a hand pulling tool is required for most styles. It's just that all of my G-Shocks seem to have a beefy center "hub?" that made me think they might be threaded or pressed on or something. It sounds like they're not. Sounds like they're just a "friction fit" like most other watches.
    Thanks again,
    scurvylubber

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would advise you to not go so deep...its a gshock, so its assembled with some standards for shock resistance..if you remove the hands, it is unsure that you will put them back like they do in the factory...

Someone in the forum did just that, not so long ago: stealthed a G100 dial, painting it with black spray.

I can't find the thread now, but I clearly remember he said that if he had known the effort required to remove the hands before he attempted it, he would have never done it.

Here it is. On a second look, maybe it needs something else; lume on the hour markers maybe. Still looks good as it is though.

ACG

It was me and my only advice would be to not bother.

It took ages to get them back on properly and synced etc.

Plus one of them has a slight bend in it now. I don't think anyone else would notice but i know it's there

Thread Information