Happy Anniversary to me ... And a Zulu ?

Thread: Happy Anniversary to me ... And a Zulu ?

Question Happy Anniversary to me ... And a Zulu ?

Hey all,

I'm coming up on my 6 month anniversary with my first Frogman ... GW-200TC. I truly have enjoyed getting to know the FM better and even enjoy the times I forget how to change one of the settings and have to get the manual out.

A huge thanks to Sjors for all his help in answering my long list of newbie ?'s.

I want to revise my FM with a Zulu strap using the adapter set from either www.broadarrow.net or www.countycomm.com.

Are these adapter kits the same? If not, do you all recommend one over the other?

Can you use the 4 ring, Zulu strap if your FM has the adapter kit on it? Or, if you have the adapter on your FM, can you only use the one-piece, Zulu strap that allows the FM/with adapter to slide up/down the strap?

Any help would be appreciated.

Time to turn off the Olympic coverage going on in the background and get to bed.

Briscoe

Re: Happy Anniversary to me ... And a Zulu ?

I could not get the 4 ring 2 piece type strap to work with the adapters. The one piece works fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been pondering that aswell...O| I think the only way is to drill through the lugs with a dremel and then use some bar that either just fits perfectly (pressure fit) or is glued it in place. On a DW-5600 the bars would be held in place (or at least be covered) by the bezel... Maybe DIY master Angelo has some thoughts on this?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Al G. Pretty sweet set up. How did you install the adapters? Is there a special piece of equipment / screw driver you used? Thanks, Briscoe

Quote Originally Posted by Al G.
    I could not get the 4 ring 2 piece type strap to work with the adapters. The one piece works fine.

A springbar release tool works best but a micro screwdriver is quite sufficient. Be a bit patient when installing the adaptors on your watch. They are a snug fit to the bezel and require a little effort to position them so that the spring bar seats properly. Once you've installed the adaptors it's a simple matter of threading the zulu strap through the adaptors.

A suggestion: Consider using a 24mm wide zulu. It fits perfectly into the adaptors and prevents the module from moving as happend when a 22mm zulu is used. I have my Frogman mounted on a 24mm and it rides perfectly.

Good luck!
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Hi Briscoe,

I see you have much help already. Have a nice Anniversary,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Briscoe
    Al G. Pretty sweet set up. How did you install the adapters? Is there a special piece of equipment / screw driver you used? Thanks, Briscoe
    Just a small screwdriver to push the ends of the pins in. I do plan to get a tool to make it easier.
    Al

Al G / Mike Hogan,

Thanks for the information ... I was confused by the four, "eye-glass" screws on the sides of the Frogman (2 per side).

Since the small screws line up with the spring bar, I thought you had to unscrew them to take the spring bars off ... I guess the small screws are used to attach the benzel to the titanium case?

Thanks again, Briscoe

Quote Originally Posted by Briscoe
    Hey all,

I'm coming up on my 6 month anniversary with my first Frogman ... GW-200TC. I truly have enjoyed getting to know the FM better and even enjoy the times I forget how to change one of the settings and have to get the manual out.

A huge thanks to Sjors for all his help in answering my long list of newbie ?'s.

I want to revise my FM with a Zulu strap using the adapter set from either www.broadarrow.net or www.countycomm.com.

Are these adapter kits the same? If not, do you all recommend one over the other?

Can you use the 4 ring, Zulu strap if your FM has the adapter kit on it? Or, if you have the adapter on your FM, can you only use the one-piece, Zulu strap that allows the FM/with adapter to slide up/down the strap?

Any help would be appreciated.

Time to turn off the Olympic coverage going on in the background and get to bed.

Briscoe

I have to say, I'm glad I'm part of this forum. It really gets you thinking in new directions you wouldn't otherwise have come up on your own. I'm dreaming about a two piece Zulu strap attached to a MIB or Real Black Mudman. Maybe an olive zulu strap with a DW-8400NK Mudman? Nice watch for hiking.

Locomoco.

Thread Information