Happy DST WUSers!!!!!!!!!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Happy DST WUSers!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Happy DST WUSers!!!!!!!!!

I had fun watching the lineup of my atomics reset to DST on all manual syncs. Had to do a few manual adjustments for the non-atomics. This is my favorite time of year.
    yankeexpress likes this.

Re: Happy DST WUSers!!!!!!!!!

It takes me six weeks to get used to wanting to go to bed later and get up later. I think DST is cruel and unusual punishment that is a total waste. When I lived in AZ there was no DST and it was so nice. My sleep really leveled out and was very consistent. Moved back East, sleep problems half the year from my circadian rhythm being destroyed.

... horrible Tapatalk
    Connoistre, c0sin and jbg7474 like this.

Disclosure:
    1. My posts are not shilling other people's stuff.
    2. I own everything that I post and paid for it with my own money.
    3. My opinions are not influenced by any form of compensation.

Here in GMT +1 we will have to wait for DST until March 30th, not there yet...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So this means that the atomic watches in Europe are showing the incorrect time for New York, for example, at the moment.

I didn't own one this time last year. So the question is, will the atomic g-shocks here show the correct world time for NY tomorrow after the night time sync?

Yea what's up with that. I'm in ny and my rangeman is still showing the wrong time even though it synced last night

Quote Originally Posted by littleroger1 View Post
    So this means that the atomic watches in Europe are showing the incorrect time for New York, for example, at the moment.

I didn't own one this time last year. So the question is, will the atomic g-shocks here show the correct world time for NY tomorrow after the night time sync?
    What did you do, "copy and paste" this from the other thread while I was typing the answer over there?

Copied and pasted answer for your convenience:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    No, and they won't show the correct world time for NY (or Chicago, or Denver, or Los Angeles) unless the wearer manually turns DST on for each time zone as they go on DST (and back off in autumn.) If someone in Europe really wants to keep track of the exact time in the US, they'll need to turn DST "on" for each of those four time zones, plus Anchorage, NOT Honolulu, and they need to remember that much of Arizona will NOT be the same time as Denver as it is in the wintertime.

There's no way for Casio to program all the different time zones -- and more importantly, the dates -- into our watches, since different countries can (and do) keep changing the dates when they go on and off Daylight Saving Time. (In 2012, there were twenty-seven different days where DST was starting or stopping around the planet! In 2014, it's a much smaller number, but it's certainly not standardized worldwide, and probably never will be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrbamby09 View Post
    Yea what's up with that. I'm in ny and my rangeman is still showing the wrong time even though it synced last night
    Are you sure that your watch's "DST" setting was/is set to "auto?" If it was set to "off" it won't update.

All eight of my atomics updated successfully right after midnight and jumped ahead one hour -- which means that they were incorrect for about 55 minutes!

Thanks Mike. Although I have just thanked you in the other thread

Parallel threads often happen in forums and I was actually interested in an answer this time )
    R

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    What did you do, "copy and paste" this from the other thread while I was typing the answer over there?

Copied and pasted answer for your convenience:

That's funny as that is exactly how I feel when DST ends! I wish they would keep DST all year round!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    It takes me six weeks to get used to wanting to go to bed later and get up later. I think DST is cruel and unusual punishment that is a total waste. When I lived in AZ there was no DST and it was so nice. My sleep really leveled out and was very consistent. Moved back East, sleep problems half the year from my circadian rhythm being destroyed.

... horrible Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by littleroger1 View Post
    Parallel threads often happen in forums and I was actually interested in an answer this time
    R
    I know threads sometimes overlap -- the timing on this one was just funny!

I hit "enter" over "there," went back to the forum index, found this thread and immediately thought "wow, did I somehow post my answer in the wrong thread? It belongs HERE! Oh, okay...."

Quote Originally Posted by tic-toc/g-shock View Post
    That's funny as that is exactly how I feel when DST ends! I wish they would keep DST all year round!
    I'm much the same way -- I'm a "summer person" and hate winter, and I'm NOT a "morning person" either so I could care less about what time the sun rises. I don't think the sun should set before 5 or 6 PM.

In my very UN-scientific experience, based on second-hand information and other people's opinions, it seems as though a lot of DST haters live closer to the equator, where the winter days aren't as short as they are closer to the Earth's poles. A friend in the UK loves DST, another friend in Portugal hates it; friends in the southern US aren't as happy about DST as some of my neighbors up here in Ohio.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information