Has there ever been a study on how many people wear G-Shocks? Like out of 100 people?

Thread: Has there ever been a study on how many people wear G-Shocks? Like out of 100 people?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Has there ever been a study on how many people wear G-Shocks? Like out of 100 people?

I think it would be cool.

Lightbulb Re: Has there ever been a study on how many people wear G-Shocks? Like out of 100 people?

No, however...

Casio claims over 60 million G-Shocks were sold by January 2007. World population as of July 2008 is estimated to be over 6.684 billion. So...

60,000,000/6,684,000,000= ~.009 or just less than 1%

On average 1 in 100 people would have a G-Shock, but the actual number is lower because many people have more than one G-Shock.

I know this method is imperfect, and I could have used the population of the countries where G-Shocks are sold instead of total world population, but those are some numbers to think about anyway.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Has there ever been a study on how many people wear G-Shocks? Like out of 100 people?

you don't see too many g-shock's in "civilized" areas, at least not around here. however, I watch a lot of animal docus on tv (one of the very few tv events that interest me) and usually you can always spot there casio (g-shock, protrek) and/or suunto watches for about 90% or so. its seems that those people really know what a good watch has to be up for, rather than the urban "bling-bling" thing. so I guess it all depends what kind of job you do, what enviroment you usually in and last but not least if one has good taste

regards, holger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Has there ever been a study on how many people wear G-Shocks? Like out of 100 people?

I've been shopping seriously for G-Shocks in my town...they are very few and far between, and the selection is pitiful. Even the specialty watch shops only have two or three at most. I can only conclude that as watches go, they are a tiny fraction of a percent.
    Keep List:

Seiko SKXA35 Auto Diver
    Stauer Day/Date/Month Auto
    Glycine Incursore 100M Auto
    O&W Ocean Master Vintage handwinder
    G-Shock GW3000BD-1ajfa
    G-Shock MTG910DA-1
    Citizen EcoZilla diver
    Hamilton Khaki Officer 44mm Unitas w/custom hands and lume
    Volmax Aviator 45mm handwinder
    Laco 42mm B-Type Flieger

Wish List:

Glycine Eugene Meylan
    Hamilton Jazzmaster PR
    Meistersinger Singlehand
    A +40mm Seiko Alpinist, if Seiko ever decides to make one...

My wrist size - 8"/20.3cm

Banned

I hardly see Gs on wrists here, usually Timex digitals. When I do see Gs, I see cops wearing them.

I don't see many people around here wearing them.

I notice other people wrist all the time , have seen very few G-Shock.

Dude, where I am I see Gs all the time

but that's probably because I'm here in TYO, Jpn

Needless to say, lots'a G Love'n Respect all over this GR8 country ... Banzai!!

Quote Originally Posted by sameerb View Post
    I notice other people wrist all the time , have seen very few G-Shock.
    Are Casio watches popular in India? In particular the G shock? Or do the Titans win out over the foreign imports?

Maybe it is time for Casio to make some sort of karma Sutra theme watch or for some famous actor in India, maybe for Gounda, Senthil or Vadivellu as action comedians

It would really be nice to see some Indian themed G shocks for a change instead of street wear themes again. ( By the way there are already a couple of chinese/japanese/oriental themed G shocks out there, so I think it is time to have an Indian groove on some Gs)

1% of this world population will be a massive achievement for the G!
    Rolex 116600 LN || Seiko SBDC033 || G-Shock GW9400-1 & G7800B1
    Omega SMP Quartz
    (on missus wrist)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information