Have you ever lost something.... (Sorta OT)

Thread: Have you ever lost something.... (Sorta OT)

Have you ever lost something.... (Sorta OT)

Have you ever lost something and given up ever finding it, just to find it when you least expected?
    A couple of years ago I had misplaced my Fisher Space pen that my wife had gotten me as an anniversary present. It was my perfect take anywhere pen.
    At first there was some diligent searching but as time passed I had reconciled myself to the fact it was lost.
    Now I usually park my pens and several of my watches on my bed side table. And for no particular reason my Fisher had a place of distinction with my DW8300. They just seemed to “go together”. So whenever I grabbed for that watch I would be reminded about my pen. And on occasion I would rummage around to see if it had magically turned up.
    This past weekend I had made up my mind to replace my lost Space Pen with one of the Titanium versions. My wife didn’t seem to mind and even suggested that we could go to the pen store after Church and grab a bite of lunch while we were out. So as I get ready for church I grab a pair of pants that I have apparently not worn for a long long time. And in the pocket is my long lost space pen.
    So I slapped on my Stargate, put my old friend back in my pocket, went to Church and took my wife to lunch. And I didn’t even mind not getting a new titanium version. For now………………..
    I sync, therefore I am ...... accurate, for now.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Have you ever lost something.... (Sorta OT)

I once searched my whole office for a lost mobile phone adapter cable.

Found it about a year later hanging over the hight adjustment lever under the office chair (searching for something else slipped under the desk).

Dont know how it went there yet.

Wink Re: Have you ever lost something.... (Sorta OT)

Hi Deacon,

I have a life motto that says: "You will always find what you are not looking for". I'm pretty good to get things lost. I love writing with a Parker Jotter pen, so at home and on my office I have dozens around (I seem to buy trays of 10 every once in a while).

I always seem to loose all my 2 AA size Maglites. So I bought one about 12 years ago. Ideal torches for on holiday. Next year I couldn't find it. So I buy a new one. When packing my final things I find the other Maglite, so we have two on vacation. I believe the record ever was 5 AA Maglite torches, a 4D cell torch and a 6D Cell torch (yep, I managed to park even a 4D cell Maglite where I couldn't find it, so I bought a 6D cell version).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    (yep, I managed to park even a 4D cell Maglite where I couldn't find it, so I bought a 6D cell version).
    I've misplaced tools of various sizes myself.
    I think it troubles me more the bigger it is.

And it always amazes me where they end up.
    Either right in plain sight.
    Or someplace that you couldn't even intentionally force it.
    I sync, therefore I am ...... accurate, for now.

A couple of years ago, I bought a T. Mobile MDA. It's a pre-iphone smartphone with a keypad etc etc. It cost me £200 and one day magically disappeared.

I searched all over for it at first, under the couch, everywhere possible and even went as far as thinking a visitor to my house must have taken it.

A couple of months later, it still hadn't turned up and at this point, I'd forgotten all about it. Then, my girlfriend dropped our TV remote control down the side of the couch. I bent down to get it and low and behold, it was next to my MDA! I searched under the couch at the time I lost it but must have missed it... it's one of those great feelings in life when you find something you've lost or forgot you'd lost

What a strange coincidence! You found them the day of replacing it after a couple years?!

I had a strange "find" a few years ago. Ill try and keep it short. I used to use one of those bike seat packs that velcroed to the bottom of the seat rails. I(thought) I lost my house keys on a mountain bike ride as I returned home and saw the pack wide open with the zipper open. I was sure they fell out on the trail and would never see them again. I chalked it up to a small loss and did not even bother trying to find it.

One day while cleaning the garage, it dawned on me that I had a dream that morning about cleaning the garage, Deja Vu! I thought to myself "I was cleaning this portion of the garage and dreamed I found my keys in a corner." I walked over to the corner that was in my dreams and PRESTO!! The keys were laying in the corner EXACTLY as in my dream!

Talk about the power of dreams eh?!!?! It was really interesting to have that happen to me. I still think about it and do not discount how the power of dreams can work for you.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

I've got a GW5600J around here somewhere that I haven't seen in over a year. Poor guy's probably all out of battery by now. I probably won't find it until I move.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Thread Information