Heirarchy question.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heirarchy question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heirarchy question.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any previous posts with the seach terms I was using. I am wondering if someone can point me to a list of G-shocks by model that would show the order from "entry level" to "top of the line".

For example: (using fictional model codes)

1) DW series, entry level G's, least expensive
    2) GW series, just above DW's, few more features, little extra money,
    3) etc., etc.
    10) GX1000 series, top of the line, most features, most expensive.

Any help greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
    Tissot Seastar 1000 silver -------Oceanus OCWM800TBA-1A--------Bulova Precisionist 96b132 --------Orient 'Elite' FET0H001B-------Seiko 5 Pepsi SNZF15K1 -------Invicta 9937ce -------------G-Shock Gw7900b-1 ---------Seiko SKX007------- Panerai Homage x2--------Rotary Chronospeed----------G-Shock GD100-1A-----------Seiko Orange Monster----------Orient Mako XL----------Seiko "Atlas" SKZ209J1

Re: Heirarchy question.

I don't know if this question has ever been addressed. I don't think I could rank the models in such a way. It isn't like BMW where you can clearly see the hierarchy. Theres 1 series, 3 series, 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, 8 series. (Then there are the X's and M series...they go in the ranking somewhere)

I guess you can rank the G models by their respective prices.

Because such ranking based on model number doesn't exist.

G-Shocks are all professional level.

I don't think inexpensive models as entry level nor expensive models as top of the line.
    All base on I like design or not. I rate them equally.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G_Me View Post
    I guess you can rank the G models by their respective prices.
    Yeah, that's actually what drew me to this question, was trying to rank by price but the prices are all over the place. Some of the G's I researched ranged in price from $75 to $250. Several examples like that led me to hopefully being able to decipher rank by model number. You were right on with the BMW analogy. Thats kind of what I was looking for. Sounds like I may be out off luck?
    Tissot Seastar 1000 silver -------Oceanus OCWM800TBA-1A--------Bulova Precisionist 96b132 --------Orient 'Elite' FET0H001B-------Seiko 5 Pepsi SNZF15K1 -------Invicta 9937ce -------------G-Shock Gw7900b-1 ---------Seiko SKX007------- Panerai Homage x2--------Rotary Chronospeed----------G-Shock GD100-1A-----------Seiko Orange Monster----------Orient Mako XL----------Seiko "Atlas" SKZ209J1

I would say the basic DW-5600E is the "entry level" G-shock, and the GW-5000 and GWF-1000 are the high end models. The ranking of everything else in between could be debated forever.

Then there are the MR-G models, which are in a class by themselves. Premium high end and you pay a LOT for it.
    Last edited by kung-fusion; May 13th, 2012 at 02:22.

As a rough guide from Casio's UK website... they've put a general division between their standard range and premium range:

Premium being: Aviators, Giez, MT-G and Master of G range (and other atomic/solar Gs like the GW-5000 etc)

Standard range being everything else...

You can generally expect a higher build quality from everything in the Premium section but I think there isn't a clear cut hierarchy in there, so price would probably be the most sensible indicator of the standard... I would agree on the DW-5600E being the entry level G.

MR-Gs would technically be the 'top level' I suppose, certainly the most expensive G-Shocks around!

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I would say the basic DW-5600E is the "entry level" G-shock, and the GW-5000 and GWF-1000 are the high end models. The ranking of everything else in between could be debated forever.

Then there are the MR-G models, which are in a class by themselves. Premium high end and you pay a LOT for it.

^^^^This^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    Because such ranking based on model number doesn't exist.

G-Shocks are all professional level.

I don't think inexpensive models as entry level nor expensive models as top of the line.
    All base on I like design or not. I rate them equally.

^^^^Not this^^^^

I'd have to agree with Kung and Sengyoku that you have the DW5600E at the entry level, and I'd also add the DW6900-1V. From there you would go up to all the different versions of the 6900 and other models released each month. Eventually working your way up to the Master of G line. I'd put the Gulfman and Mudman at the lower level of this line and the Riseman and certainly the Frogman at the top. Then you have to add in the "Aviation" Gs and put the Giez at the top.

The best thing about the G Shock is that there is something for everybody! For me, a hard to find Frog is "Top of the line." But others like the the analogs and there are plenty of Aviators and Giez models that meet those needs.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

If it's sold at Walmart, it's entry level. Well, that's pretty much true for anything.
    StephenWatch likes this.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
    ^^^^This^^^^

^^^^Not this^^^^
    I disagree

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information