Hello again

Thread: Hello again

Moderator Emeritus

Hello again

Long time no drop by eh!!

I'm wearing my old early 80's g-shock, and have been giving it a good go for most of the summer and figured I drop by to just sing the praises of my neato ole' g-shock. Can't tell ya how much I love this, especially the old style night lite. It's really starting to feel retro to me and it's usually on my wrist while bicycling on my old Schwinn....sort of fits the tune with the Schwinn (Canadian tire) Super cycle.

Did you ever buy a watch and just hang on to it for a while and not really wear it? Most of my watches were like this, including the g-shock and I believe that now is its time and I can really appreciate it. Glad I didn't sell it.

Anyway, just a few thoughts as I'm buzzed out on coffee right now and waiting for the sun to come up to go canoeing.

cheers,
    tim

Re: Hello again

Hi,

Nice watch. And absolutely - until a couple of years ago I didn't give mine much attention at all, even though I got it in 1988. Then I found it, cleaned it up with a new bezel and strap.... now a few Gs and Protreks later, I appreciate that old original a lot more!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Beautiful, man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow - Tim!

I was mentioning you just the other day -

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/canadian-quandry-439789.html

Very nice to see you!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Wow - Tim!

I was mentioning you just the other day -

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/canadian-quandry-439789.html

Very nice to see you!
    Hi Tribe! Nice to pop by again but I don't spend too much time online anymore. I replied to that thread. Thanks for thinking of me.

cheeeers,
    tim

Wink Re: Hello again

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in France at the moment, at about the same latitude as where you live. That's why I thought about you lately, as I always wondered how it is possible I am in the "warm south" where it hardly freezes at strong winters, while you have meters of snow every winter.

Nice to see you popping by. That DW-5600C is a very nice watch, that must have seen a lot in it's life.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Well well well, if it isnt one of my favorite WUS people...

SO great to see you Tim!!! I hope you are well!

Jeff
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!