Hello Folks

Thread: Hello Folks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hello Folks

Greetings folks,

How are you all doing? It has been a long time since I last checked in and posted on WUS’s G-Shock forum. Work has been tough and I have had no time for collecting watches as of the last 6 months. But I am back with some new Casio items. I got a 25th anniversary Frogman and a non watch Casio. It is a neat phone called the G’zOne Type-S. I had wanted one of these G-Shock phones since they first came out in 2006 but I was on AT&T and not Verizon (I wish a GSM version would come out) I have been on Verizon for a few months and got the last Type-S the local Verizon had and I got it a few days before the Boulder arrived. I like this phone better then the Type-V my friend had and in which I played with a bit before bought mine. Type-V looked tough and sported a cool looking grill but alas I hated the external antenna. I also have not been wearing a watch due to a bad sunburn and using my phone for telling the time but that is ok because it is a Casio and it is a G-Shock (in away) When I get the chance to do so, I will take a pic of the G’zOne along with a G-Shock and a shock resistant flashlight I have.

See you around the forum

Cheers

Leon

Re: Hello Folks

Nice to hear from you Leon!!!! Look forward to seeing the pic's!!!!
    Geode
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

Banned

Good to see you around again Leon .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good to hear from you!!!! I thought you'd been kidnapped by aliens!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Eckell View Post
    Greetings folks,

How are you all doing? It has been a long time since I last checked in and posted on WUS’s G-Shock forum. Work has been tough and I have had no time for collecting watches as of the last 6 months. But I am back with some new Casio items. I got a 25th anniversary Frogman and a non watch Casio. It is a neat phone called the G’zOne Type-S. I had wanted one of these G-Shock phones since they first came out in 2006 but I was on AT&T and not Verizon (I wish a GSM version would come out) I have been on Verizon for a few months and got the last Type-S the local Verizon had and I got it a few days before the Boulder arrived. I like this phone better then the Type-V my friend had and in which I played with a bit before bought mine. Type-V looked tough and sported a cool looking grill but alas I hated the external antenna. I also have not been wearing a watch due to a bad sunburn and using my phone for telling the time but that is ok because it is a Casio and it is a G-Shock (in away) When I get the chance to do so, I will take a pic of the G’zOne along with a G-Shock and a shock resistant flashlight I have.

See you around the forum

Cheers

Leon
    cool! glad you're back! i heard the Boulder is a real dud. worst sound quality on a cellphone ever. real shame.

edit - i actually just read that a software update on the Boulder dramatically improves the sound quality. so it looks like i'm going to have to try it out for myself.
    Last edited by smittythepig; September 15th, 2008 at 20:16.
    GW300A-2V
    GS-1000BJ-1A9JF
    DW6900-1V
    G9000-3V
    DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)
    DW-5600WC-1DR (FIFA)
    G9100-2
    GW5525A-1
    DW6600C-1V

Nice to see you back...............would be nice if the G'zone phone was GSM, I'd like to have one.
    Brad
    Have a great day.

Welcome back Leon. I agree with you and brad. I wish they were GSM too...would be nice to use it on AT&T.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

Wink Re: Hello Folks

Hi Leon,

I had missed you on the forum. Welcome back!!!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Well the Boulder is sort of a dud in that somebody did not do enough testing on it before release and the speaker thing is inexcusable but if it is a software issue and not a hardware issue then a new programming should fix it. I think it looks cool and when you open the flip, it responds with a nice click to tell you it is fully opened. There is also no play at all on the top part when closed and no antenna in the external. I also like how the Casio series has a third support on the hinge (i.e. there is a support on the right and left side and in the middle) I do like the compass part. Well maybe if it is still around when my next upgrade is coming up or it goes down retail price wise, I will get it. I thought about the Motorola Adventure V750 and give kudos to Motorola for the rubber keypad and thin shell but I wanted one with the ability to survive water (i.e. getting out on a rainy day and accidentally dropping my phone in a puddle) and the Moto can not offer me that. Plus its got a bit of an wiggling going on when the thing is closed (i.e. the hinge has side to side play in it) and finally that PTT button which I pressed every time I took it out of my pocket. But it is a nice looking phone.

Nope I was not abducted by aliens Buzz, just working through the midnight oil (sigh) I see you switched to Timex huh? Well it is not a bad brand of watch, I bought a older Ironman Data-Link off eBay about a few months ago (it is that type you hold up to your computer screen and download data) and it came on the softest and comfortable wrap strap ever made.

Cheers

leon

Helloooo Leon!

Good to see you around.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information