Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but which is the Best Value for a Frogman?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but which is the Best Value for a Frogman?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but which is the Best Value for a Frogman?

I've been looking, but can't find threads.

I am a user, not a collector.

Thanks!
    Rafael T

Re: Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but which is the Best Value for a Frogman?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_T View Post
    I've been looking, but can't find threads.

I am a user, not a collector.

Thanks!
    Rafael T
    Would helper to have a specific model that you have in mind? For example the Final Frogman GW-200Z retails for $500USD and you can find great deals on them for $350 or below.

In production models like the GF-8250 series you can reference retail, $500 USD, and then discount from there. The GF-1000 non-atomic solar retails for much more around $650. I've seen them discount for $500 or under. The atomic versions of the GWF-1000 retail much higher at around $750 and you can usually have to import one if you live in the USA.

Out of production models can run from $500 and below or $500 and above depending on it's condition, model, edition type, collect-ability, etc.

The best value of any Frogman is one you think you've gotten a good deal - could be under $250, under $500, under $750 or above.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

Re: Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but which is the Best Value for a Frogman?

Frogman and value don't really go together. I don't quite understand the appeal, but I am obviously in the minority because the masses believe every G collector needs one in their collection. For that very reason, you're prob not going to find one that is a good "value".
    Last edited by moosehead; September 20th, 2012 at 01:44.
    miyabineverdie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For me, around 200-300. The full retail 500 is too rich for me unless it's some sort of collector's edition.
    A cRaZy no-nonsense collector of cool stuff. Also, (girl) gamer and artist. Weird combo, huh?

Let me phrase it differently:

First off, thank you all for your prompt responses.

What I'd like to know is which models are the most affordable/usable I.e. not collectible.

Ive had three frogman and stupidly sold them through the years, and remember been difficult to unload them at $150.00.

I can't believe they are now $500!

So, can I pick one up for 200 or so, one that won't leak?

Thanks again!

Re: Let me phrase it differently:

Depends on your needs, but if you're actually diving I'd go with a 200 series due to the titanium case. The Final Frogman would be what I'd pick up.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

what about the dw8200?

The Final Frog is the one IMHO, best value, best size, best features, looks great and easily available brand new.

Best value (and simply best if you have small wrists) is the 9900. Titanium late 90s Frog, only released officially in Japan. I have two.

They sometimes get mistaken as fakes because the word 'Frogman' is on the right instead of left side with that model (unlike all the others).

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    The Final Frog is the one IMHO, best value, best size, best features, looks great and easily available brand new.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information