Hello!! New to forum!!

Thread: Hello!! New to forum!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello!! New to forum!!

Hello I am new to the forum!!

First of all I want to thank everyone for making this such a great place to hang out and a great resource too. I have owned a g-shock (in some form) since 1985. I had no idea they have developed this kind of a cult following.

Currently I have a DW-003 and DW-004 that I would like to restore. The watches themselves are in VGC, but the original "cloth" bands have disintegrated, and they need new batteries. The 003 is almost a decade old, and in my younger days was my mountain-bike trail-beater. I bought the 004 on my honeymoon on Oahu several years ago. So both watches have some sentimental value to me.

I bought my first g-shock in 1985, I was 14. I wore that thing to tennis practice and on the swim-team, so I pretty much beat it to snot and back. Eventually I threw it away thinking it wasn't worth anything.

My wife said I can purchase a ~$100 watch for our 6 year anniversary. I had been looking for Invicta, Croton, Gruen, Seiko, but after seeing the "flea market jackpot" thread I want to try and tackle a DW-5600 restoration. What better way to relive part of my youth and honor our marriage... than with an old G-shock from my teen-youth

Sorry for the long winded intro... I do have a simple question.

Where can I get replacement parts and watch-bands for all these?

Are there any San Jose bay area members who would be willing to meet-up and help me if needed?

Thanks!!
    Garrett
    Last edited by kramer5150; November 19th, 2007 at 21:35.

Re: Hello!! New to forum!!

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Hello and welcome to another sub-forum. I think Casio Sales and Services may offer some replacement parts, as well as the 'bay. I've seen parts for many watches on the bay and people have had good luck with them. As far as ordering from Casio, I don't have any experience with this, but I'm sure others do. Anyhow, good luck and welcome once again!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello and welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll enjoy restoring those old favourite g's kev

Hi,

willkommen ! welcome !

Nice Guitar in you picture..

servus
    Klaus

Hi and welcome, if you cover my airfare to San Jose i'll gladly help you! plus i could bring all my G's as well..!

Hi Kramer,

Do you happen to be on the Jaben Forum as well?
    No one ever works out and regrets it. You never go for a run, and then when you're finished, wish you would have stayed home. You never climb a mountain, get to the top, and say, "I should have just been content to stay where I was."

Hi Kramer, welcome to the Forum!!

Once you have ordered your parts, do check the "How to" forums, there you can learn how to change your batteries, clean up the dirt on your G shocks (actually the mineral glass is rather tough and scratch proof, thats why the Gs take nicely to some scouring). Most important is how to replace your watch band and bezel.

While it would be most convenient if you got yourself a watch tool kit, you should try to prepare for yourself a springbar tool and micro screwdriver. These should cover your basic needs to replace the straps and bezel.

Welcome, Kramer, 5150's inspired by the Van Halen album? Have fun, lots of nice people here.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Yeah its a VanHalen / guitar thing. I have a small collection of mid 1980s Kramer electric guitars. Thats Me, peeking out from behind my 87' Baretta II, wearing my Grado RS-1 headphone. My favorite guitar and headphone I am a good listener and my guitar speaks louder than my mouth.

I haven't actually signed onto Uncle Wilson's jaben network forum. I have lurked around there though. Uncle Wilson seems like a really nice guy, I wish he had a store here in the US. I have two of his headphones a Mylar X3 and XB. They are great headphones IMHO. I spend most of my time discussing audio stuff on head-fi (before it crashed a week ago).

Sorry Lee... I can't afford that, LOL

Thanks everyone... and here are my g-shocks.

DW-003

DW-004

GW-330A

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information