Hello Singapore and a BIG thank you SkyHook! (Off topic)

Thread: Hello Singapore and a BIG thank you SkyHook! (Off topic)

Picture Hello Singapore and a BIG thank you SkyHook! (Off topic)

Hi all -

Upon checking my letterbox today, I discovered three letters.

First, the electric billthen the telephone billand next, a bright stunning postcard from our sunny Australian neighbour, Singapore from SkyhookB-)

Thanks Skyhook for your warm patronage

You have made me come that little bit closer to Singapore

Will be posting in reply.

Re: Hello Singapore and a BIG thank you SkyHook! (Off topic)

looks better than crappy Los Angeles (unfortunately where I reside) Wish I was there instead. Hope to be in mexico soon, as my summer vacation is around the corner. thanks for the picture.

Hi Bajachild -

What's wrong with Los Angeles?

My first year in Japan I worked full time as an English teacher with my full time colleague David who was also from Los Angeles.

He was the coolest dude and used to entertain US and the kids with his made up songs whilst playing the guitar:-D

The photos david had of LA were beautiful!

I think we all get tired of where we live, although most are happy to be in Cairns.

I prefer Sydney myself, and If I had an option, I would be building a house and a free school in country Thailand for the poor kids. My wife won't have a bar of it..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    Hi Bajachild -

What's wrong with Los Angeles?

My first year in Japan I worked full time as an English teacher with my full time colleague David who was also from Los Angeles.

He was the coolest dude and used to entertain US and the kids with his made up songs whilst playing the guitar:-D

The photos david had of LA were beautiful!

I think we all get tired of where we live, although most are happy to be in Cairns.

I prefer Sydney myself, and If I had an option, I would be building a house and a free school in country Thailand for the poor kids. My wife won't have a bar of it..

it's true that you tire of where you live. I've always been the outdoors type. spending lots of time in baja, mexico, from cabo san lucas to san felipe. fishing, hunting, and camping with my family. I did it heavily until my mid to late 20's. im 35 now. teaching special education english in a middle school. ive got a 2 1/2 year old and one due in 1 month. not much time to get out and see things. just little trips here and there. I've missed several hunting seasons now . ive got a boat that keeps me sane. plus 30+ days of vacation racked up to burn . it's just such a rat race here. the same ol same ol. however, i a month, I wont care where i live cause I'll have little Jack to deal with . Keeping my eye out for another gulfman though! One isnt enough for an outdoorsman! take care. Mike S

Hi Baja -

Mexico sounds great, or at least the food.. I guess it must be fairly cheap for you to cross the border..

I was talking with my wife last night and we are also confused where we want to go and what we want to do..

All we seem to have been doing since married is travelling..

We are now think of selling our place in Cairns, investing the money, and going back to Japan.. What for I do not know but life gets kind of boring in one place..

The boat sounds like just what I need and if I did stay in Cairns, it would be a must have.. I fancy something like a ZODIAC inflatable, centre console, or not sure If I need or want bigger..

I love the ZODIACS as they are very solid in big swells..

I prefer coast cruising to river, although if you are into fishing, you can't beat the rivers up here for a big Barramundi

The GULFMAN'S are great watches, I agree.. ARe you a GULFMAN fan?

Refresh my memory as it's hard to remember... Do you have a GULFMAN?

Solar is the way to go.. The only watches I'm keeping besides some SEIKO'S, are solar..

I'm sick of dead batteries as it cost me a fortune before leaving Japan.. When I un-packed in Australia, sitting next to me right now are 12 new and rare G-Shock's with dead batteries!

Two are the same models, different series.. One has the J-Pops tunes and the other has the sexy girl backlight's..

I must get them replaced and post some photos.. I will keep them as love em..

Anyway, off to the doc. I got attacked by wasps again yesterday whislt pruning the palm.. They spiked me on my hand and my hand looks like a blasted baloon and is as itchy as 20 mozzie bites!

When those wasps attacked, I'd never run so fast in my life, and I must have looked like I was doing a Flamenco dance on the run:-D

Hi Ozzie,

I'm very glad that you like the postcard. Hope that it has given you an insight of what Singapore looks like.

cheers~SKy

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE

The boat sounds like just what I need and if I did stay in Cairns, it would be a must have.. I fancy something like a ZODIAC inflatable, centre console, or not sure If I need or want bigger..

I love the ZODIACS as they are very solid in big swells..

I prefer coast cruising to river, although if you are into fishing, you can't beat the rivers up here for a big Barramundi
    ive got a 17' boston whaler montauk center console. i grew up in them. my dad has had a 20 footer for about 25 years. best boat around. easily takes me 25+ miles offshore and back on about 17 gallons of gas (65 litres) inflatables are good too. lots of people have them. i prefer the more "solid" ride.

believe it or not, this watch has helped me catch lots of fish! 6+ years now.

this is a typical Sea of Cortez 40 pound (19 kilo) yellowtail.

Wink Re: Hello Singapore and a BIG thank you SkyHook! (Off topic)

Hi Skyhook,

My card came to today! Thank you very much I indeed recognize the Durian fruit in the building. It's also a common fruit in the Indonesian kitchen. Please mail or PM my your adress, so I can sent you something from my province here It can take a while before I can sent out, the post office is on the other side of the town and I normally don't have to go there (and it's open only when I work, so there are a few more items tat must go out for a long time already)....

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information