Help with A1000 Crown

Thread: Help with A1000 Crown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with A1000 Crown

I have a question for you A1000 owners...

I originally owned an A1000D - the bracelet version. After making any adjustments with the crown, I would line up the marker, push it in and rotate it. After maybe 5 turns, it would lock in place such that I couldn't turn it any more.

I then purchased an A1000RAF... however, the crown does not lock, I push it in and rotate, but it never stops rotating. I thought it would operate the same as my A1000D, but it does not - not matter what I've tried.

I think saw this document, where it doesn't reference that the crown would stop at all... just that you should position it until the marker lines up with "mark 2".

So my question to your A1000 owners - does your crown lock? Is my RAF defective?

Name:  WS000001.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  62.2 KB
    Borealis Adraga
    AQ4020-54X
    GF-8251K, GMW-B5000D/TFC, GWF-D1000NV,
    IW356501
    MKII x HALO Airborne, PMWF Graywater GMT
    Oris Carl Brashear Bronze
    SBDX013, SBGA001
    116610LV, 116520

Re: Help with A1000 Crown

My RAF locks.

Quote Originally Posted by clarencek View Post
    I have a question for you A1000 owners...

I originally owned an A1000D - the bracelet version. After making any adjustments with the crown, I would line up the marker, push it in and rotate it. After maybe 5 turns, it would lock in place such that I couldn't turn it any more.

I then purchased an A1000RAF... however, the crown does not lock, I push it in and rotate, but it never stops rotating. I thought it would operate the same as my A1000D, but it does not - not matter what I've tried.

I think saw this document, where it doesn't reference that the crown would stop at all... just that you should position it until the marker lines up with "mark 2".

So my question to your A1000 owners - does your crown lock? Is my RAF defective?

Name:  WS000001.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  62.2 KB
    /Forrest

F... Sigh. And thanks. That really stinks. I guess I'll have to find a place to send it to. I don't suppose Casio USA will be much help.
    Borealis Adraga
    AQ4020-54X
    IW356501
    SBDX013, SBGA001
    116610LV, 116520

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

F... Sigh. And thanks. That really stinks. I guess I'll have to find a place to send it to. I don't suppose Casio USA will be much help.
    You would be surprised. They were very helpful with me when I contacted them but like all CS these days is pays to be polite with them. Firm? yes. Demanding? no. Treat people good and they treat you good. That was my experience with casio CS. It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about CS (not casio just any CS) being terrible and I wonder how the customer first initiated the conversation.

My comment regarding Casio CS is not based on having ever called them... it's based on that this model is not available in the US (at least that's my understanding). Since I purchased it from a seller in Japan, I'm dreading having to potentially send it back to Japan for service.

I will try Casio US tomorrow with the hope that they will be able to help... but we'll see.
    Borealis Adraga
    AQ4020-54X
    IW356501
    SBDX013, SBGA001
    116610LV, 116520

You said - "I would line up the marker, push it in and rotate it. After maybe 5 turns, it would lock in place such that I couldn't turn it any more. " I am pretty sure you don't need to keep rotating the crown to lock it. It is not a screw down crown, so you don't need to screw it down till it stops turning. All you need to do is press down, turn to align and let go. It should stay down and locked.

If you have pushed it down and aligned it to the lock mark, the crown should stay down. To check if it is locked just pull at the crown. if it does not come out when you pull it, it is already locked.

This same crown is found on the Casio's Edifice line so Casio US should be no stranger to the electronic crown. They should be able to help you. Anyway... good luck with it.
    Last edited by metatime; September 4th, 2012 at 09:27.

Thanks meta... Then i wonder why let the crown lock in the first place. It's very confusing. I just figured that if they made the crown lock, thats the proper use.
    wish a few other A1000 owners would chime in.
    Borealis Adraga
    AQ4020-54X
    IW356501
    SBDX013, SBGA001
    116610LV, 116520

On both of my RAF and 1000A, the crown doesn't stop rotating after it was pushed and turned to lock position. They just don't pop out. I think the lock means it is pushed in securely. The crown can still be rotated more, and that's how you pop the crown out for setting.
    Last edited by GShockMe; September 4th, 2012 at 19:53. Reason: typo

Just wore mine yesterday. If the dot doesn't line up with the white dot the crown doesn't seem to go to that "base" level. Then when it hits the red dot it is contained. Haven't tried to twist past that, so i wasn't sure if this was normal or not.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

The RAF has no issue the crown will rotate indefinitely it simply needs to be compressed, engaged with "mark 2" and released the crown is then locked. I have two GW-A1000RAF and they are both identical in operation.

Q-6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information