HELP! Auto EL Light on my GW9000A Mudman Works Intermittently when I Flick my Wrist to Turn it ON

Thread: HELP! Auto EL Light on my GW9000A Mudman Works Intermittently when I Flick my Wrist to Turn it ON

Banned

Unhappy HELP! Auto EL Light on my GW9000A Mudman Works Intermittently when I Flick my Wrist to Turn it ON

I just got my GW9000A Mudman delivered today from Amazon. Everything on the watch seems to work fine. BUT the Auto EL light seems to stick and work intermittently when I flick my wrist to get the EL light to light up. I followed the instructions and I turned the Auto EL switch ON before flicking my wrist.
    It should turn itself ON when I rotate my left wrist as I'm moving my arm towards my face, but it doesn't 99% of the time. In order for me to get it to work properly, I have to move my left arm with force to the right across my body (across my chest) while flicking my wrist at the same time. The Auto EL light goes ON, but it doesn't go ON all the time when I do this movement. I have to flick my wrist a few times in order to get it to turn itself ON and work. Is this a NORMAL thing???

On my GW330A-9V, the Auto EL light works easily without any problem and I don't have to flick my arm across my body very hard to get the light to work like I do on my GW9000A Mudman.

Do you think that the AUTO EL switch inside my GW9000A Mudman is "defective" and "sticking" or do you think that it's NORMAL for it to do this and that it just needs a "break in" period to "loosen" itself up to work because the watch is still brand new? Just so you know, the regular EL light works fine when I have the AUTO EL shut OFF when I press the EL light button.
    Can you all chime in on this to tell me if this is normal behavior for the Auto EL light to be like this and to let me know if there's anything wrong with my Mudman. Thank You.
    Last edited by paul338; August 21st, 2013 at 04:29.

Re: HELP! Auto EL Light on my GW9000A Mudman Works Intermittently when I Flick my Wrist to Turn it O

I understand this question can seem silly, but it is very appropriate: are you trying to activate it in the dark? Or in a lit room so you can make sure it works?

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Banned

Re: HELP! Auto EL Light on my GW9000A Mudman Works Intermittently when I Flick my Wrist to Turn it O

I just put on my Mudman and turned the Auot EL light ON and went into my bedroom to test it out again to see whether or not it works. It's night time over here and my bedroom was very dimly lit with only a small end table lamp that's next to my bed. I rotated my wrist very gently without having to flick it very hard like I did earlier before and the Auto EL light works! The Auto EL light seems to work fine now when I gently rotate my wrist in my dimly lit bedroom.
    I think that the light sensor that's inside of my watch detected too much light earlier when I tried to get it to work, therefore causing the Auto EL to NOT turn ON and to turn itself on ONLY through flicking my arm and wrist very hard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

EMT

yup, with the gw9000 it senses how much light is around, it only lights up when it detects low/no lighting.

I encountered the same too with the new g-shocks; trying to test the Auto EL by moving my arm now and then till I read that the activation is dependent on the ambient lightings. At times when I'm driving at nights, the Auto EL will be activated causing distraction and I decided to off the feature.

Thread Information