Help a brother out and recommend a G, please.

Thread: Help a brother out and recommend a G, please.

Help a brother out and recommend a G, please.

I currently have one G, the Giez GS1000BJ. I really love it....but it's analogue. Don't get me wrong, I love the watch, but can anyone recommend a partner for it. Basically I'd like the exact same watch, but with digital innards (no digi-analog): S.steel; black; rubber strap; solar, etc. No small 'eyes', though; I don't like them. I'd like a big, single window display (like a pathfinder, I guess), no double windows (too small for my eyes). Am I being too picky? Does such a watch exist in G-world?? Thanks in advance.

Re: Help a brother out and recommend a G, please.

I'm confused, you want a stainless model with a rubber strap?

The GW810BXD-1 looks alot like the GS-1000J. The eyes are only indicators for signal reception. Looks like it has a steel band too, but matches the Geiz.

The MTG-910DA is black without eyes, but has a steel band.

Are you looking for the same style also? I mean the older MRG 110/100 (DW 8900) are also alot of those functions in very easy to read all digital.... but I dont know about having all the same functions.

These are also all metal (including band). Since they are stainless steel they would look pretty odd with a resing band I think.

edit NM I missed that you were looking for solar (these arent solar) sorry...

I collect screwback Gs as a survival mechanism
    DW-5000 (on loan to Iraq)
    DW-5200C (all mine 22 years plus)
    DW-5600C (restore in progress)
    G-2000s (Silver, Blue Sea, Metallic, Raven, standard black, Vice Eye)
    GL-110
    DW-8900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the help. I think something along the lines of the mtg-910 is what I'm looking for (though I'd try to change the band to the Giez one; its rubber is so soft). The problem is finding all the available g-shocks....there's so many. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

I loved the size, strap, and look of my all black Giez, but couldn't handle the tiny subdials and complicated operating features...so I sold it and got one if these....overlook the "eyes" and you have a very similar watch, also with a nice, light soft strap. Similar dimensions and features as the Giez, but actually quite a bit lighter. Really would make a great partner!

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
    I loved the size, strap, and look of my all black Giez, but couldn't handle the tiny subdials and complicated operating features...so I sold it and got one if these....overlook the "eyes" and you have a very similar watch, also with a nice, light soft strap. Similar dimensions and features as the Giez, but actually quite a bit lighter. Really would make a great partner!

You've read my mind; I've been eyeing that one, and may just have to get it. Did you get it from Seiya? It's a 'japanese' one, right?

When you say S. Steel...

"black; rubber strap; solar, etc. No small 'eyes', though; I don't like them. I'd like a big, single window display (like a pathfinder, I guess), no double windows"

Do you mean a watch like this one?

Re: When you say S. Steel...

Good choice. I better back off a bit before I go broke!

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    You've read my mind; I've been eyeing that one, and may just have to get it. Did you get it from Seiya? It's a 'japanese' one, right?
    yup...got it and the Giez from Seiya....on seperate occassions, both received in Miami in 3 business days!!!!!

Can't say enough about the Muddy.....it is the only watch that steals wrist time from my Marathon SAR!

Thread Information