Help Finding GDF-100BB
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Knives and Lint

Thread: Help Finding GDF-100BB

Help Finding GDF-100BB

I know this model is discontinued, but does anyone know of a place to get one of these? I have only found 3 in my search, 2 on ebay for $999+ and one from US Legends for $600. Anyone happen to have any other stores that might have one in stock and not want to want a fortune for one?

I have this thing for all black, negative display watches and this has got to be the grand daddy of them all and somehow I forgot I wanted this watch for the last few months and missed some chances on ebay, now I am going OCD trying to find one.

Any help would be great!

Re: Help Finding GDF-100BB

This watch is pretty high on my wish list, and it is insanely hard to get. Just like you, I can only find $1000 ones on eBay, which is insane for a watch with an MSRP of $140 that isn't a special collab model. But I guess it's a supply and demand thing.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Unless you are willing to pay an insanely ridiculous price, I'd say forget about it and look for another model. For what its worth, the SGW-300 uses (nearly) the same module and has 100% the same functions. It is not a G and it is not available with a (-) display but on the other hand you only pay a fraction of the price of the GDF-100:

Amazon.com: sgw-300

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I went to pacparts to price some extra bezels and what not and it dawned on me, why not look at getting the module and try to make one. Surely it would be cheaper than paying $1K.

So they have the module, center case, bezel, etc. I guess I don't know exactly what all I need to order. Besides the module, center case, bezel, bands, seal, what else do I need?

Actually it would probably be easier to just buy a GDF-100-1B and swap out the module, bezel, and case.

Hmm....
    Last edited by vadang; February 10th, 2014 at 19:55.

Yeah, I've tried ordering from there. I think they are out of business. The site won't let you complete checkout and the phone number is disconnected.

Thanks for looking though!

I ended up building one of these with parts from pacparts and a donor watch from amazon. Total cost is around $200. GDF100-1a is $73 on amazon, which is cheaper than the BB module that goes for $78 on pacparts. The case center (which, to my surprise, included the bezel and decorative piece that goes over the sensor) was $44. That leaves you at around $195 before shipping. Also, I added a black clasp from an extra gd100ms band that I had.

When I say I built one, I should more accurately say that I have almost (completely) built one. I have yet to tackle the task of installing the sensor, and I will likely not even attempt to until after the summer and the kids are back at school (it gets kinda crazy around here sometimes, never know when a nerf war will jump off). Be advised, installing this sensor seems like it will be tedious to say the least, and likely quite difficult (for me at least, it may be no problem for some of the guys around here). Luckily the module comes with one as well as the donor watch so I'll have a spare to work with.

That being said, I'm quite pleased with it the way it is for now. I didn't want this model for the functions anyhow, as much as the basic black look. I'm just happy to add it to the collection.

Before

after

just thought i'd put this out there for anyone interested since they're going for $400 on ebay right now

Best regards
    filthyj24 likes this.

There is a used one on ebay Australia
    Casio G-Shocks: GW-3000B-1A Aviator, G-7500-1VER, G-7510-1VER, G-9000-1VDR, GD-400-3JF
    Polar: S725, S725X

Thread Information