help with a gshock involving if its legit
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OCDood

Thread: help with a gshock involving if its legit

help with a gshock involving if its legit

my friend told me he got a used g shock at an auction on ebay without box watch only. he says its like model 6900 br but instead of having the yellow letters it has white letters. is it fake? I am assuming it is fake because I couldn't find his anywhere but I don't want to tell him yet because I'm not sure. what do u think? i didn't want to ask him if he could take it off to show me because that would get him annoyed. this is the watch he says looks like it but instead of the "g shock" and the "g" being yellow they r white. and it looks in like new condition so i don't think it's discoloration.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=g+sh...bih=673#imgdii=_

I don't know a lot about g shocks so I'm not completely sure. can any one confirm this?

Re: help with a gshock involving if its legit

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonu97600 View Post
    I am assuming it is fake because I couldn't find his anywhere but I don't want to tell him yet because I'm not sure. what do u think? i didn't want to ask him if he could take it off to show me because that would get him annoyed.
    If just asking him to take it off so you could see it would annoy him, what do you think telling him his G-Shock is fake is going to do?
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Could be the DW-6900MR-1 launched in February 2012. It is not a glossy model though it is a matte black model with shiny gold face (a strange subdued blackish gold so not as strong gold as in the glossy black with gold DW-6900CS)and white G-Shock lettering. Video here:

If your friend knows it is genuine and you think it is fake, I can understand why he got annoyed hehe

Without seeing a good quality picture I can not verify if it is a genuine G. But my guess would be the MR model showed above
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; January 22nd, 2014 at 22:53.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Could be the DW-6900MR-1 launched in February 2012. It is not a glossy model though it is a matte black model with shiny gold face (a strange subdued blackish gold so not as strong gold as in the glossy black with gold DW-6900CS)and white G-Shock lettering. Video here:

If your friend knows it is genuine and you think it is fake, I can understand why he got annoyed hehe

Without seeing a good quality picture I can not verify if it is a genuine G. But my guess would be the MR model showed above
    his g shock is completely glossy though

also, the letters of his g shock like mode and adjust are white instead of black. is this normal in some g shocks?

There are a LOT of different G-Shock models, and there are probably more DW-6900 versions than any other model.

Without a picture to go from, there probably won't be a definite answer either way.

Thread Information