HELP WITH GW-1100 SYNC

Thread: HELP WITH GW-1100 SYNC

HELP WITH GW-1100 SYNC

Hi, I have a relatively new GW-1100 that has always synced by placing it dial facing front of my bedroom window with 12 in the top position. Generally, it sync's. Sometime it may not but mostly it does. However, over the past 2 weeks or so, it will not sync and it is in the same position as always (face towards window, ec). It is in the timekeeping mode and the auto receive function is on. At least that is what it says when I check it. I am located in Florida. The manual shows putting the watch with it's back towards the window, 12 oclock on top. I have normally faced the window, so I tried that too, no luck. The only thing I have not done is leave the watch outside? I think I tried that once with my 5000 and it did not work. Maybe I should put it on my roof? lol

My 5000 model always sync's. There is nothing that is blocking it's view. If that watch sync's as it is right next to my 1100, it means it is getting the signal. The watch is in ready mode for syncing purposes. So, I am not sure what has happened, I tried a different location in my home but still no sync. I have looked at the manual 5 times and I see nothing wrong. Without the syncing, the watch is about 10+ seconds off as compared to the atomic clock

So, I am at a loss trying to figure this out. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my attempts to sync this watch again? Thank you.
    Omega Proplof 2012
    Pam 382 Bronze
    Pam 225 Slytech Chrono
    Pam 194 2500 Sub
    Doxa T-Graph 300T
    Doxa Divingstar
    Sinn EZM1(4)
    Kobold SMG-1
    Rolex Deep Sea
    Rolex Paul Newman Daytona
    Rolex President Day Date
    IWC Big Pilot
    Patek Nautilus
    Casio GWA 1100
    Casio GW 5530C

Re: HELP WITH GW-1100 SYNC

Might try improving the receiver like this:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/wav...ng-124652.html

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Hi, I have a relatively new GW-1100 that has always synced by placing it dial facing front of my bedroom window with 12 in the top position. Generally, it sync's. Sometime it may not but mostly it does. However, over the past 2 weeks or so, it will not sync and it is in the same position as always (face towards window, ec). It is in the timekeeping mode and the auto receive function is on. At least that is what it says when I check it. I am located in Florida. The manual shows putting the watch with it's back towards the window, 12 oclock on top. I have normally faced the window, so I tried that too, no luck. The only thing I have not done is leave the watch outside? I think I tried that once with my 5000 and it did not work. Maybe I should put it on my roof? lol

My 5000 model always sync's. There is nothing that is blocking it's view. If that watch sync's as it is right next to my 1100, it means it is getting the signal. The watch is in ready mode for syncing purposes. So, I am not sure what has happened, I tried a different location in my home but still no sync. I have looked at the manual 5 times and I see nothing wrong. Without the syncing, the watch is about 10+ seconds off as compared to the atomic clock

So, I am at a loss trying to figure this out. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my attempts to sync this watch again? Thank you.
    /Forrest

That is something I will try, interesting though. Still, I wonder why it was syncing nicely a few weeks back and then I have been unable to do so since. My 5000 continues to sync fine and it's sitting right next to it? I guess since I don't have a strainer like that, I think I may be able to use some aluminum foil in a container similar to the one shown. Maybe that will work?
    Omega Proplof 2012
    Pam 382 Bronze
    Pam 225 Slytech Chrono
    Pam 194 2500 Sub
    Doxa T-Graph 300T
    Doxa Divingstar
    Sinn EZM1(4)
    Kobold SMG-1
    Rolex Deep Sea
    Rolex Paul Newman Daytona
    Rolex President Day Date
    IWC Big Pilot
    Patek Nautilus
    Casio GWA 1100
    Casio GW 5530C

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My A1100 seems to sync fine every day at the window sill. I did observe a few days not syncing in the past though, I suspect the radio station was not working back then.

Best if you have another waveceptor to verify if it might suggest a defect in your specific unit or just a shaky station.

Thread Information