Help identifying this piece... fake? bought it for next to nothing on the 'Bay

Thread: Help identifying this piece... fake? bought it for next to nothing on the 'Bay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help identifying this piece... fake? bought it for next to nothing on the 'Bay

http://images.tupianguanjia.com/bin/...ch%203/107.jpg

I'm having trouble finding one on Google images.. They didn't give me a model number or anything to help ID it. Thanks, all.

(it has yet to arrive, as I have just won the auction minutes ago)
    Last edited by G-Shock-Hacker-Boy; July 19th, 2010 at 06:09.
    HACKHACKHACK

Re: Help identifying this piece... fake? bought it for next to nothing on the 'Bay

Looks like a copy of a G-7900 to me
    Last edited by Mecha-Shock; July 19th, 2010 at 06:26.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Re: Help identifying this piece... fake? bought it for next to nothing on the 'Bay

Definitely fake. First giveaway is the 2 digit day display, which should be 3 digit.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

+1, definately a poor replica of a G7900A-7DR

It's not a Casio Product in my opinion.

The "T U" gives it away immediately to me, but there may be other flags... was it advertised as genuine?

It seems that eBay lists more fake than real G shocks, and they can all be identified easily, first off by price; shipping is more than or equal to the BIN price (shipping is not refundable). I've heard that when called on their "fakes", the cost is simply refunded (go ahead and keep the watch, they keep shipping cost). The LCD has always been a dead giveaway to me, particularly with all the Bape knock offs, in the rare case that there is an actual photo of the face of the watch.

I really wish Casio would raise a stink about this with eBay, imagine what Rolex would do in this situation.

It has been my observation that the product brand name is listed as G shock resistant which technically will populate a G shock search, but the ad itself will mention that it is not a Casio product, at the bottom of the ad.

I wonder if the colorful resin bezel and straps would fit a bonafide G.....?
    Matt

Well.. I can see I've been gypped on this purchase.

Hmm. It says "Casio" right on the bezel. Doesn't mean it's real, but definitely is being falsely advertised..

Thanks for the help, all.
    HACKHACKHACK

@wristrested I think that not only the band, but also the case would fit an authentic Casio. The major differences when comparing real to fake (thanks to those that gave me the model number) are in the LCD.
    HACKHACKHACK

Fake 7900

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock-Hacker-Boy View Post
    @wristrested I think that not only the band, but also the case would fit an authentic Casio. The major differences when comparing real to fake (thanks to those that gave me the model number) are in the LCD.
    It's possible, but definitely not a sure thing. In order for the strap and bezel to fit a genuine Casio, the fake case would have to be manufactured to the exact same dimensions as a legitimate one. Not sure if cheap fakes have that attention to detail. Even if the resin parts fit, I would bet the quality is inferior.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Definitely a fake 7900. Currently no white 7900 w/ red lettering on the bezel. LCD screen is off. Fonts are off. The proportions of the watch seem to be off as well.

I saw one like this on ebay last night and it took a few moments to spot the differences. I was also suprised byt doing a simple search about how many fake G's there are on ebay being sold as the real McCoy. Risemans, Frogman, Gulman, Rescue models all are faked now.

Seems Casio should really do something about it. Even if they aren't loosing $, but to protect their stable client base (me, and the rest of this forum).

Kev

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information