Help the idiot !!!

Thread: Help the idiot !!!

Help the idiot !!!

I`m such an idiot
    I have just received my first G-shock(GLX-5600A-2DR). I bought it on-line, and as a genuine idiot haven`t quite bought what I wanted. The watch is perfect. I bought it mainly for swimming and because I like the color (aqua blue) and it suits my new glasses. The problem is I overlooked the stripe. It has a line of quite feminine tattoo-like symbols. I really don`t like wearing it that way.

So now what to do:
    -return it (I think the seller on e-bay will understand me)
    -change the strap (don`t really know how that works with G-shocks)
    -rub the lines out (I have all sorts of ideas from a tooth brush to sand paper )

Ok Kind People give me Your Thoughts

Re: Help the idiot !!!

I'd keep it the way it is. We're mainly blokes on this forum, and no-one has a problem with the decoration on any of the G-Lides, really.

You can change a strap on most Gs in exactly the same way as "regular" watches, as they use similar springbars to fix the strap to the lugs. Replacement straps are available, most commonly black though. I'm not sure if you'd find one the same colour as yours, but without the decoration.

No idea about scrubbing it, sorry!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

My opinion is that you keep it that way.

I Have a watch just like that and it doesn't bother me at all, but this coming from a guy that own PINK Ga's can be misleading

I will get used to it, and if you are not quite satisfied, Buy another one more masculine...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you might grow to like it after the shock of a feature you didn't expect wears off. Wearing feminine articles is a strong sign of security and confidence too.

In the end, only you can decide I guess

Post some pictures of the watch for us to see

You can also try to sell it on the sales section of this forum (you will not get what you paid for it). I would just keep it.

Cool Re: Help the idiot !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiPPoI View Post
    I`m such an idiot
    I have just received my first G-shock(GLX-5600A-2DR). I bought it on-line, and as a genuine idiot haven`t quite bought what I wanted. The watch is perfect. I bought it mainly for swimming and because I like the color (aqua blue) and it suits my new glasses. The problem is I overlooked the stripe. It has a line of quite feminine tattoo-like symbols. I really don`t like wearing it that way.

So now what to do:
    -return it (I think the seller on e-bay will understand me)
    -change the strap (don`t really know how that works with G-shocks)
    -rub the lines out (I have all sorts of ideas from a tooth brush to sand paper )

Ok Kind People give me Your Thoughts
    This is the first time I have heard such a thing. Those lines on the strap actually helps make the GLX-5600 more popular, they are very well liked amongst most people wearing them. This is the first time I have heard an association with feminine tributes, they are supposed to be reminiscent of ocean waves and surf boards which are quite masculine stuff.

With that said there is a shiny black strap set that you can replace it with: Casio watch band DW-6900 CS-1 & DW-5600 CS-1 Shiny Blk - eBay (item 350385663562 end time Sep-16-10 13:14:46 PDT)
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thanks for the advice guys.
    I still think those "tribal" stripes are not quite masculine but on my hairy arm nothing can look not manly . I`ve decided to keep the watch but I`m still debating trying to rub them out though .

As for the pics - I don`t own a high-res camera. That`s something I should buy as soon as possible.

I looked at one on eBay to see what you're talking about and to be honest if the color is masculine enough for you I don't see how those designs are any less so. IMO of course. It's not like it has butterflies, hearts, ponies and flowers on it.
    Last edited by natornate; August 28th, 2010 at 13:21.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    I looked at one on eBay to see what you're talking about and to be honest if the color is masculine enough for you I don't see how those designs are any less so. IMO of course. It's not like it has butterflies, hearts, ponies and flowers on it.
    I get your idea. But I have blue eyes and have been wearing a LOT of blue clothes, so I find anything blue just natural

Thread Information