Help Me Choose a G!

Thread: Help Me Choose a G!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Me Choose a G!

Hey guys, I never really go on the G-Shock part of the forum, usually just stick on the divers forum or the public. Usually I'm into mechanicals, but I want a nearly invincible watch for some of the outdoor stuff I do, so I thought I'd take a look at G's. Could you guys help me choose a G? Some of the requirements I'm looking for are
    1. Mostly black, doesn't have to be blacked out, just mainly a darker color.
    2. Slightly smaller as I have a wrist size of about 6.5. (My Seiko 5 is 41mm and that's the perfect size.
    3. I'd be cool if it had a thermometer or an altimeter, but that's not necessary.
    4. About $100.
    5. Pretty water resistant.

That s a lot of requirements, but I'd really appreciate the help! I know a heck of a lot about mechanicals, but a heck of a little about G-Shock. Also, I'm in high school, so a younger styling might appeal to me.

Any suggestion are appreciated, thanks a ton, and sorry for such a long post!

Re: Help Me Choose a G!

Also, I really like the look of the DW9052, I just wish it had atomic time keeping or solar.

Water resistance is one thing you don't have to worry about with a G Shock, as all of them are resistant up to 200m. For about $100 I would suggest the GDF100 or the Riseman (G9200). Both have an altimeter, thermometer and barometer. The GDF is a little bigger than the Riseman but can be found a little cheaper. The Riseman is smaller in size, but has memory capabilities that the GDF lacks and can be had in solar/atomic. The atomic version is going to cost you more, but a solar non-atomic 9200 can be found for right around $100.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A GW9200 Riseman (solar / atomic) sounds like the ideal watch for you - although I think they are priced a bit aabove your budget.

A cheaper alternative at about $100 is the GDF100 (NOT solar or atomic)

Casio G-Shock GDF-100-1AER Barometer Altimeter Watch | eBay

I really like the look of those, but Amazon lists them at 51mm width, thats too large for my small wrists. I know this one doesnt have solar or atomic, but I really like the look of the DW6900SN-1. I cont find any information on it though, do you know wide it is and what features it has? Thanks a ton!

Agree with others that the riseman is the one even though its a bit outside your budget. Don't be intimidated by the specs/sizes. Those numbers include the entire case and lugs and etc. Sort of like measuring your diver and including the crown and lugs. I found my riseman wore smaller than my 42mm diver, for example.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using TapaTalk
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    For about $100 I would suggest the GDF100 or the Riseman (G9200). Both have an altimeter, thermometer and barometer.

Those two come to mind for that price range and with sensors. And DW-5600 models are about the smallest you can get if that's more important.

G9200 Riseman as the GDF is probably larger than what you are looking for. $138 on Amazon.. prices are up all around (Casio watches and Hard Drives) due to the flooding situation in Thailand

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I like the suggestions so far. I thought the sensors would be cool, then I realized I'd never really need them, so those are no longer a requirement. I really like the look of the mudman, but they're all too big for my wrists I think. Any suggestion other suggestions for G's of that styling? Thanks a ton helping out a G-Shock know nothing!

The old Mudman models G(W)-9000 and G(W)-9010 are rather small for a G-Shock. Another recommendation would be the G-7710-1ER - one of the best negative displays with adjustable contrast - great features (especially the double 99hr timer), loud alarm, easy to use buttons - should be easy to get under 100$, one of the smaller Gs with approx. 42mm:

Mudman:

and a little comparison shot between Mudman, Riseman and DW-6600:

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; December 13th, 2011 at 00:59.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information