Help me decide...
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help me decide...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me decide...

Ok guys I am going to college this year and it is not cheep but I would like to buy a new watch before because my DW 6900ms has seen better days and I want to get something a bit more modern. I have narrowed it down to two choices the Suunto Core or a G shock Frogman and I would like to here your guys pros and cons of both. And any other helpful information you would be willing to share. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help me decide...

I don't know much about suunto core, but if sensors are important to you, the Rangeman would be the better choice for G

I guess it comes down to what features you want and how you'd use them

You are going to college and you can afford a Frogman. Wow!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No I can't just afford it but I want to invest in a watch that will last a long time and if that mean forking over a little money at once so be it as the old saying goes "buy once, cry once"

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    I don't know much about suunto core, but if sensors are important to you, the Rangeman would be the better choice for G

I guess it comes down to what features you want and how you'd use them
    Thank you I will have to take a second look in the the Rangeman

Wow those are two very dissimilar watches no?

What is it you want in a watch?
    IMHO Let your decision be based on what moves you not what is popular with others etc.
    Good luck ahead in college too

Quote Originally Posted by youngone97 View Post
    No I can't just afford it but I want to invest in a watch that will last a long time and if that mean forking over a little money at once so be it as the old saying goes "buy once, cry once"
    While your DW6900 "has seen better days," if the crystal is in good shape, it can probably restored to almost new condition with a new bezel and a new strap for about $40. (If you wanted to change the looks up a little bit, you could buy the same parts from a different DW6900 for about $12!) Changing a bezel is a simple operation that requires removing four screws, changing a strap is almost as simple an operation that requires a small screwdriver.

The soft resin bezels and straps on G-Shocks are designed to be replaced when they're scuffed, gouged, or otherwise damaged -- and despite the inflated price, the Frogman uses the same type of strap and bezel, and will need to be replaced eventually as well!

While the Frogman is one of the top-of-the-line G-Shocks, you're mostly paying for the ISO 6425 dive rating, which means that every single unit is pressure tested, rather than the "batch testing" used on other models. It has a stainless steel case under the resin pieces, which means THAT part will last longer, but if you treat a Frogman like you've treated your current G, it's still going to LOOK just as used after five years.

As aalin13 said, if you're interested in features like altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer, etc. check out the Rangeman. The only unique special features the Frogman offers are dive-specific timers.
    flying likes this.

Truthfully buy the new resin as Mike K suggests or even buy a new DW-6900/ GW-6900. The money you were going to spend on a Frogman should be better spent on beer and food. IMO opinion wait and buy the Frogman as a graduation present to yourself in four years.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Thanks for all the responses I do understand that they are two very different watches and I just wanted to see someone's view who had actually used the watches in question so that before I bought one I would have some sort of clue as to what I was buying thanks again.

Did you decide on which one you want then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information