Help me decide on which all metal square to buy
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Help me decide on which all metal square to buy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help me decide on which all metal square to buy

The black on black caught my eye first, but I feel as if it lacks that "something special", as it looks like a resin to the untrained eye.

The gold with negative I love, but don't think I can make that an every day, it's too loud perhaps, idk.

I do like the SS, but I want the negative display (works really good with the STN). an option would be to buy an SS with resin band and source the SS bracelet, but that gets expensive really quick.

I also wish they made the bezel all brushed. I saw that some people bead blasted their SS, wondered how they do it.

I have been mulling over pics and vids online, and even went to the g-shock store in soho and spent almost an hour swapping back and forth, but just couldn't decide. I love them all, but just can't justify buying more than one to the "Misses".

Last edited by babyivan; June 17th, 2019 at 04:03.

Re: Help me decide on which all metal square to buy

I agree with you, negative display works well with STN. It has wider viewing angles than negative with standard display. The bluish/purplish tint looks elegant.

I vote for the black on black, there’s too much blink on the silver model imo. And blasting it would remove the “depth” of the double finishing, absolutely not a fan of the dull look.
    babyivan likes this.
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1 PRO TREK PRT-4000T-7A PRT-4000T-7B
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006

JAEGER-LECOULTRE GRANDE REVERSO ULTRA THIN DUOFACE Q3788570 (GRAIL)

Quote Originally Posted by wtma View Post
    I agree with you, negative display works well with STN. It has wider viewing angles than negative with standard display. The bluish/purplish tint looks elegant.

I vote for the black on black, there’s too much blink on the silver model imo. And blasting it would remove the “depth” of the double finishing, absolutely not a fan of the dull look.
    Thanks!
    I do love the black.

So, I'm guessing you feel the gold also has too much "bling" as well? It looks like it would be an "attention whore", for sure

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    Thanks!
    I do love the black.

So, I'm guessing you feel the gold also has too much "bling" as well? It looks like it would be an "attention whore", for sure
    Well I never put too much thought to the gold model, I’m not used to wearing anything gold. Never seen one in real but I actually think it looks more subdued than the silver one, judging from pictures. The black on gold combo is a classic for sure though. But as you said, it makes less of a daily wearer. So I’d stick with the black on black.
    babyivan likes this.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by wtma View Post
    Well I never put too much thought to the gold model, I’m not used to wearing anything gold. Never seen one in real but I actually think it looks more subdued than the silver one, judging from pictures. The black on gold combo is a classic for sure though. But as you said, it makes less of a daily wearer. So I’d stick with the black on black.
    You're right , I think the gold one is actually more subdued that the SS.
    In the end, I'll probably buy both black and gold, risking being kicked out of the house

I like how clean and crisp the silver is. The polished surfaces on the silver are a must for me and Casio are very proud of that finishing. Yes, they will catch some scratches, but replacements are like $50. The bead blasted silver one posted here I didn't like.

I saw the gold reverse display in person and I admit it looks much better than in the photo. Probably a very fun piece, and the IP gold buckles on my 35th anniversary models have held up extremely well to wear. The non-DLC black one I would ask for reviews on how it's handling scratches. As always, it's best to try them on in person with different types of clothing so you get a sense of how they wear. Most pictures are generally a poor indication for some reason.

Let us know what you get and post photos!
    Last edited by tomchicago; June 17th, 2019 at 06:05.
    jsohal and babyivan like this.

What about the new limited edition black aged version, gets rid of the shiny surfaces that I personally am not a fan of, you do have to think that the £400 price premium for this finish is worth it though.
    GMW-B5000V-1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    kenls and babyivan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VIA4321 View Post
    What about the new limited edition black aged version, gets rid of the shiny surfaces that I personally am not a fan of, you do have to think that the £400 price premium for this finish is worth it though.
    GMW-B5000V-1

I’m going to get the bezel to put it on my GMW-B5000-1 (resin band, silver bezel), once replacement available on ebay. I currently have the watch with the bezel from GMW-B5000TFC (DLC gunmetal grey).

---

Quote Originally Posted by VIA4321 View Post
    GMW-B5000V-1

Whoa, that is nice! But $1000 is steep, and will be tricky to find when US release comes out. I will inquire about it today at the g shock store. I think they are tired of me coming in everyday, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    I like how clean and crisp the silver is. The polished surfaces on the silver are a must for me and Casio are very proud of that finishing. Yes, they will catch some scratches, but replacements are like $50. The bead blasted silver one posted here I didn't like.

I saw the gold reverse display in person and I admit it looks much better than in the photo. Probably a very fun piece, and the IP gold buckles on my 35th anniversary models have held up extremely well to wear. The non-DLC black one I would ask for reviews on how it's handling scratches. As always, it's best to try them on in person with different types of clothing so you get a sense of how they wear. Most pictures are generally a poor indication for some reason.

Let us know what you get and post photos!
    I think the gold 35th anniv is better finish-wise because the bracelet matches the bezel being all polished, but the negative display is missing from it. The gold with negative is killer, imo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information