Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    24

    Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    Hi everyone,

    Long time lurker on these forums but first time poster. It's the first time I'm getting a g-shock but I've narrowed it down to the GWM850 and GW2310. Other than the rally timer on the GW850 the modules seem to have basically the same functionality. I guess what I'm looking for is a functional, solid solar atomic watch that I can wear daily. As a watch lover I wish I could get both but I value my marriage so that's noy going to happen.

    So what do you guys think about both of these? Can you nice folks help me out?

  2. #2
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31,783

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    The 850 wears smaller than the 2310, feels more diminutive. That said, the 850 actually has a slightly larger band. If you like large watches, go for the 2310 as it is a bigger watch.

    Last edited by yankeexpress; December 30th, 2013 at 07:56.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

    Here is why:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

  3. #3
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31,783

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    On the wrist

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    24

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    Thank you so much for the reply and great side by side comparison pic!

    Well I actually heard that the band on 850 is actually longer than the band on 2310. My wrists are 6.5 inches so they're on the small side but they're flat on top. What do you think about the comfort and wear?

    Also are there any immediate differences in terms of use and functionality? For example do both modules have immediate return to the home screen from any other mode?

    From your pic the 850 seems to have larger and more legible digits than 2310. I'm not sure if that's due to the lighting. Is one easier to read from your perspective?

    Thanks again!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    550

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    I think yankeexpress gives excellent guidance. I don't have a 2310, but the M850 wears well on my small, 6.5" wrists. The M850, M5610, and 5000 are among the best fits for the wrist-challenged :)

    I have no use for the rally timer, but I do like the fact that the upper panel will show the world time when the upper right button is depressed [not in need of psychiatric help, just pushed]. On the now departed Riseman [another watch which doesn't overwhelm a smaller wrist], this functionality is taken to its logical conclusion...continuing to hold the button will not just display the currently set world time, but swap local time for world time.

    I don't know of another G that has this capability, and the Riseman is about my favorite traveling watch because of it [save when it becomes too depressed to leave home]...


    Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    The 850 wears smaller than the 2310, feels more diminutive. That said, the 850 actually has a slightly larger band. If you like large watches, go for the 2310 as it is a bigger watch.

    /Forrest

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    24

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    On the wrist
    Hmm they both look great on your wrist. Decisions decisions...

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    24

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    I have no use for the rally timer either. Also I think 2310 also has quick access to world time by pushing the upper right button.

    Our wrists are the same size. It there a lot of strap overhang?
    Last edited by Chronos64; December 30th, 2013 at 08:11.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    550

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    Since my wrist is the same size, I can tell you that the M850 will fit perfectly.

    You might also consider the M530A; Amazon seems to be having a special for about 73 usd. They also fit a smaller wrist quite well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos64 View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply and great side by side comparison pic!

    Well I actually heard that the band on 850 is actually longer than the band on 2310. My wrists are 6.5 inches so they're on the small side but they're flat on top. What do you think about the comfort and wear?

    Also are there any immediate differences in terms of use and functionality? For example do both modules have immediate return to the home screen from any other mode?

    From your pic the 850 seems to have larger and more legible digits than 2310. I'm not sure if that's due to the lighting. Is one easier to read from your perspective?

    Thanks again!
    /Forrest

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    24

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    I'm checking out the GWM530a now.

    Crap another watch to add to my dilemma list. Thanks for the suggestion!

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    550

    Re: Help me decide: GWM-850 vs GW-2310?

    =No= strap overhang. The M850 looks like it was designed for this size wrist.

    I didn't know that the 2310 shared the second time zone display functionality. I may get one yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos64 View Post
    I have no use for the rally timer either. Also I think 2310 also has quick access to world time by pushing the upper right button.

    Our wrists are the same size. It there a lot of strap overhang?
    /Forrest

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •