Help me Decide - Yellow or Black Rangeman
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Help me Decide - Yellow or Black Rangeman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help me Decide - Yellow or Black Rangeman

Torn between these two and am not sure what to do. The striking Yellow case with the gold tint display is very striking. However I figure that day to day the black version will 'blend' in more...
    Not that I am opposed to the shouting yellow version, it's kind of cool. I wonder if when they say special edition what that would actually mean? Limited units?
    I see this version (Singapore) has the carbon fibre strap, but looking at both units there was really no way to tell a difference visually apart from the print on the strap "CARBON FIBRE"

Guys - please assist me here this is very important. My first G-Shock. I thinking of selling off most of my watch collection. I have fallen in love with the utilitarian and practical G-Shock experience. I never imagined I could lust after a Casio so much...

Any insight and personal experience with either will help. Please don't say - 'get both' because I really can't.

Thanks

Name:  1245037d1381251277-rangeman-gw-9400-official-count-w44ne-g.jpg
Views: 3574
Size:  112.8 KBName:  G-Shock-GW-9430EJ-9JR_3.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  206.2 KB
    Casio G-Shock Shopping in Singapore

Re: Help me Decide - Yellow or Black Rangeman

If you want a great watch for everywhere and anytime - get the black.
    If you want something completely awesome but that will hardly ever pass unnoticed and will also be an awesome FIRST G-Shock: Lightning Yellow!
    They both will not disappoint you.
    check out black Ranger on his adventure: Breaking the ice – Rangeman meets the furry things | G-Shock Visions
    then again see how LY Ranger can brighten up the world: Lightning Yellow Snowranger | G-Shock Visions
    Tough choice indeed but it has to be a personal one - do you want color and do you like yellow? or are you trying to stay low profile...
    only you can ultimately decide.
    If I could only keep one - I'd keep the LY.

Depends on how you are going to use it, if you want something to wear everyday get the black, the Yellow is a fantastic piece of eye candy though, I love mine, but you have to be careful when wearing it, as it does mark quite
    easily, especially when wearing long sleeves etc. There have been a few posts on this already.
    Whatever you decide, you will not be disappointed, the Rangeman is a great watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Grabtime, I'm currently facing the exact same predicament. Let us know what you decide.

 iPad Air

Agree on the dilemma... black one makes more sense for daily use, but yellow has something about it.

Follow gripmasters steps and get both, it will be less stresfull for you in the long run
    gripmaster likes this.

I have the black version and no regrets. Comfortable looks good and useful features. As for the yellow version, the only reason I did not consider it earlier was beause the yellow one was not available at that time.

But the yellow version does have the cool factor. But if i can only get 1, i would go for the black one first and use it extensively. Later if i do have the urge, probably i would get it. P.s. there is a navy blue version coming out soon....
    Seiko: SRP043K Tag Hauer: Pro 2000 CE1111 MARANEZ Bangla Brass
    G-Shocks: GWA-1100-1A3;
    GX-56-1A;GX-56-1B;GX-56-4A;GX-56BB-1DR; GX-56KG-3; GLS8900LV-2; GA-110GB-1DR; G7900-2; DW-6900NB-1ER; GS-301B

If it's going to be the one and only G Shock (for now)... make it black so that you can wear it everyday, everywhere :)

I went with the Olive on the Rangeman as I have a number of black pieces already... and I don't really have anything to match the yellow, though it is one handsome watch

Either way... most importantly is which one sings to you the most?

good luck!

Thanks for the feedback so far. I have the definite feeling that the black will be easier to wear day in and out. I also feel like it will morph into most social situations, where the lightning yellow may have a few occasions where you are not sure... and then wear it anyway.
    The price here in Singapore for the Yellow is SG$599 and the Black is SG$499 from the G-Factory store, therefore there is also a price consideration although I figure that I wouldn't hold back if it was the yellow that I finally decided on.
    I'm also wondering if the black will wear better with daily scuff marks, bumps etc. In an ideal world you would have both and then wear the black one day-to-day and save the yellow one for those great occasions where it will steal the show.

In person they are both awesome pieces, hmmm...
    Casio G-Shock Shopping in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by grabtime View Post
    Thanks for the feedback so far. I have the definite feeling that the black will be easier to wear day in and out. I also feel like it will morph into most social situations, where the lightning yellow may have a few occasions where you are not sure... and then wear it anyway.
    The price here in Singapore for the Yellow is SG$599 and the Black is SG$499 from the G-Factory store, therefore there is also a price consideration although I figure that I wouldn't hold back if it was the yellow that I finally decided on.
    I'm also wondering if the black will wear better with daily scuff marks, bumps etc. In an ideal world you would have both and then wear the black one day-to-day and save the yellow one for those great occasions where it will steal the show.

In person they are both awesome pieces, hmmm...
    as you can see on my pictures, I use the black one in quite rough environment on the trails in mountains, no real visible scars yet, the only thing is that mud will actually get stuck in the many corners, so a good wash afterwards is not a bad idea... but I think as a robust watch it is doing a great job.
    I treat the LY one much more carefully, simply because it "looks" more fragile I imagine, then of course it was more expensive and mostly I had to import it from japan whereas the black I can get a new one if need be anytime within 24 hours... not that I am planning to. I am still in the process of making up my mind to actually USE the LY Ranger as if it was just my normal outdoor watch and not take such good care of it. because once I do, for sure, it will start looking used. which could be a very cool look as well.I have a few really battered suuntos, they look so much cooler than when they were new.
    The thing with the yellow is, as has been mentioned - if you want to wear it all the time, it kind of needs to fit your wardrobe. that could be an issue...
    whichever you choose first, if you really like the watch, you might end up getting a second one later anyways. and it's true we got a blue one on the horizon, but that is another negative display, so a whole new consideration... if you can, you should most def. go to the store and look at them live. They will both be really impressive when you see them for the 1st time.
    but then LY might win the duel, right on the spot unless your mind is made up...

Never can go wrong with either as only the colour varies. I picked the black as I'm not a fan of yellow Gs, but then again it's all personal preference.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information