Help me find a G-Shock

Thread: Help me find a G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me find a G-Shock

Hi,

I accidently ripped the plastic of my G shock, which provided faithful service for more than 10 years.

I would like to replace it and need help finding a decent replacement.

I went to the G Shock website, but most of it is in Japanese.

This is what I need in the new watch:

1. Must have NO wave receptor thing. I live in Oman, and we do not have the wave receptor thingy. I will not travel with the G Shock, so no need for this service.

2. Either Stainless Steel or Titanium with some form of anti-scratch coating. I prefer the new watch to have no rubber please.

I quite like the MR G line, but they seem to all have wave reception. The black coloured watches with DLC coating look very nice to my eyes.

I would appreciate it if somebody could point me to possible models.

Price is not really an issue.

Kind Regards

Tariq

The mind of man is like a clock that is always running down, and requires to be constantly wound up.

- William Hazlitt

Re: Help me find a G-Shock

Do you want analogue or digital ?

If price is not really an issue, pick your favourite MRG for instance if that's what you want. Generally people might now want the atomic timekeeping because it costs more and they don't want to pay for what they don't need/can't use. But none of the atomic watches need to receive the time keeping signal to remain as accurate as a good quartz watch will be regardless.

If the watch can't pick up the signal it won't affect the accuracy of the watch outside of the usual parameters for a quartz watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally View Post
    Hi,

I accidently ripped the plastic of my G shock, which provided faithful service for more than 10 years.

I would like to replace it and need help finding a decent replacement.

This is what I need in the new watch:

1. Must have NO wave receptor thing. I live in Oman, and we do not have the wave receptor thingy. I will not travel with the G Shock, so no need for this service.

2. Either Stainless Steel or Titanium with some form of anti-scratch coating. I prefer the new watch to have no rubber please.

I quite like the MR G line, but they seem to all have wave reception. The black coloured watches with DLC coating look very nice to my eyes.

I would appreciate it if somebody could point me to possible models.

Price is not really an issue.
    You might want to consider some non-G models from Casio, or you might even want to venture into Seiko or Citizen territory.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    If the watch can't pick up the signal it won't affect the accuracy of the watch outside of the usual parameters for a quartz watch.
    True, but it still begs the question of just how necessary is an atomic watch over its non-atomic equivalent, if used in areas where signal reception is impossible. In such a case, atomic will only be a superfluous feature costing a certain premium, a price that would be better spent on something else.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 30th, 2009 at 11:16.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally View Post
    Try http://www.g-shock.eu/euro/.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    True, but it still begs the question of just how necessary is an atomic watch over its non-atomic equivalent, if used in areas where signal reception is impossible. In such a case, atomic will only be a superfluous feature costing a certain premium, a price that would be better spent on something else.
    Granted - but the OP says price is not an issue.

Thanks for the help guys.

Another reason for not wanting the atomic wave reception is battery life. I do not have any information regarding the impact of wave reception on battery life, but I assume that I will get more juice out of non-radio watches.

Regarding Seiko and Citizen, I already have a few of those including a Grand Seiko quartz. I need a digital casio.

Kind Regards

Tariq

The mind of man is like a clock that is always running down, and requires to be constantly wound up.

- William Hazlitt

Good point - generally you can turn off the automatic signal reception search which would mean the watch will only search for signal when/if you tell it to. I'm thinking that in Oman a solar powered watch would be unlikely to run out of charge to easy though :D

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I'm thinking that in Oman a solar powered watch would be unlikely to run out of charge to easy though :D
    Very true.

You will probably need overcharge protection.

Kind Regards

Tariq

- William Hazlitt

How about repair the watch you have? Tell the model number and what is wrong (or post a picture) then we may be able to provide information that could help you repair it. Getting a new one is fun as well, but keeping the old, and fixing is great!
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information