Help me find my first G-Shock!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By garrapata

Thread: Help me find my first G-Shock!

Help me find my first G-Shock!

Hi all, have to say that I've been seriously eyeing G-Shocks but I'm not sure which model to go for. Here is what I'm thinking:

+I like black-on-black, although that's not a requirement. I just think it makes it look less digital, and more stylish.

+My wrists aren't that big (6.75"). Extra-large won't work, and a bulky large one probably not either. But I still prefer it to not be dinky.

+That's pretty much it, although I guess solar powered/atomic time sync would be preferable, not this is the least concern.

Any ideas?! THANKS!

Re: Help me find my first G-Shock!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderbread1 View Post
    Hi all, have to say that I've been seriously eyeing G-Shocks but I'm not sure which model to go for. Here is what I'm thinking:

+I like black-on-black, although that's not a requirement. I just think it makes it look less digital, and more stylish.

+My wrists aren't that big (6.75"). Extra-large won't work, and a bulky large one probably not either. But I still prefer it to not be dinky.

+That's pretty much it, although I guess solar powered/atomic time sync would be preferable, not this is the least concern.

Any ideas?! THANKS!
    How about the GW-6900BC?

Classic "6900" shape; atomic/solar; the usual G-Shock functionality; "black on black" with a negative display. It comes on a composite bracelet, rather than a rubber strap, which should make it look "less digital, and more stylish".

military insp G-Shock GW-6900bc stealth reverse model - YouTube

Amazon.com: G-Shock Solar Atomic Bracelet Black Dial Men's Watch #GW6900BC-1: Casio: Watches

GW9200 - you just can't go wrong with a Riseman

or if you want it a little bit 'blacker' - how about the MIMB version

lvt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The dw5600ms1 fits the bill perfectly. Low entry cost so if you don't like it, not much invested. Smaller size for your wrist. Classic square design and black on black

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    How about the GW-6900BC?

Classic "6900" shape; atomic/solar; the usual G-Shock functionality; "black on black" with a negative display. It comes on a composite bracelet, rather than a rubber strap, which should make it look "less digital, and more stylish".

military insp G-Shock GW-6900bc stealth reverse model - YouTube

Amazon.com: G-Shock Solar Atomic Bracelet Black Dial Men's Watch #GW6900BC-1: Casio: Watches
    I really do like this one. Versus other suggestions so far, I like the round-shape and that it doesn't have extra sensors on the side. Thanks!

I also like the look of the aviation series. Will that be too big for me?

Amazon.com: Casio Men's GW3000BB-1A G-Shock Aviation Black Resin Multi-Function Watch: Casio: Watches

no, the 3000 won't be too big for you - but maybe a Gshock is NOT what you want since you seem to prefer: analog and small, which are just like going into Taco Bells and asking for a BigMac / LOL

Black, analog, solar/atomic? I can think of AWG101 which is $74 on amazon now. But my recommendation will go to GW2500. I find its function is more advance than the AWG101. Other big black and bad boy analog watch is GA100-1A1 for non atomic/ non solar. This one is really stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderbread1 View Post
    not sure which model to go for ... I like black-on-black ... My wrists aren't that big (6.75") ... I still prefer it to not be dinky. ... I guess solar powered/atomic time sync would be preferable ...
    Any ideas?! THANKS!
    That was pretty much my criteria too. I went for the Solar Atomic Mudman GW-9010MB-1JF (Japan Matte Black edition). Very very happy with it indeed. (see avatar)

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Aready mentioned, the GW-M5600BC:

Rather small but black in black, the G7700:

Same outer dimension like the G-7700, the AWG-100BR:

not to large and classic chrono look, the GW-2000 (low blowout prices at some shops):

Its ana-digi cousin, the GW-2500:

There are many more around i think... :)

Thread Information