Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me fix this

Name:  20190806_144338.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  4.46 MB
    Name:  20190806_144402.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  3.82 MB

This is my younger brothers dw9052v he's asked me to fix the band. I have a dead dw9052, I'm going to steal a bezel and a screw from.... yet the band is useless on that one.

So, I can get a generic band for ~$8 from Walmart right now or...... maybe find something better (similar to the one it currently has)?

I've given him my gwm5610 to hold him over and he has a Protrek I bought him a few years back, but I'll have to toss something onto this eventually. Therefore, I'd appreciate any thoughts.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Re: Help me fix this

Obviously, considering the cost of just buying new...…….. can't say I'm willing to spend much.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    I'm not sure that one will fit a DW-9052 well. I think a DW-5600 or DW-6900 strap might fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I'm not sure that one will fit a DW-9052 well. I think a DW-5600 or DW-6900 strap might fit better.
    I can see one buyer somehow, forced it onto his 9052...… but you're right. Considering my goal is to avoid the generic look.

I suppose my other option is to take a chance on a set of cheap adaptors, place it onto a Nato strap and hope it works out. If not, Kohls takes Amazon returns now

Less than $8 and free returns, what's not to like. Well besides the lack of other buyers and no feedback but sometimes you've just got to take a chance.
    https://www.amazon.com/Kudden-Connec...teway&sr=8-145
    kenls likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    I can see one buyer somehow, forced it onto his 9052...… but you're right. Considering my goal is to avoid the generic look.

I suppose my other option is to take a chance on a set of cheap adaptors, place it onto a Nato strap and hope it works out. If not, Kohls takes Amazon returns now

Less than $8 and free returns, what's not to like. Well besides the lack of other buyers and no feedback but sometimes you've just got to take a chance.
    https://www.amazon.com/Kudden-Connec...teway&sr=8-145
    That's actually a good price for the Casio OEM adapters (even without the strap).

I find that one-piece straps (like 3-ring Zulus) work better than straps that have the extra flap (like NATOs and 5-ring Zulus) when used on the Casio adapters. On a square, the Casio adapters hang down a full 10mm below the case back. When used with a NATO with a flap, the flap makes the watch ride up.

Metal adapters like the JaysAndKays 16/20 version for squares hang down only about 4-5mm below the case back, so they work much better with a NATO. The downside is they cost way more than any resin adapters.

One more thing. Casio OEM adapters work best with 24mm straps. They can be used with 22m straps, but the strap can move side to side in the adapters.

Thanks, hopefully it works out (I'll post a pic here in a month or so when it arrives). In regards to height..... I hope removing the back protectors help, otherwise it'll just be something to deal w/.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    One more thing. Casio OEM adapters work best with 24mm straps. They can be used with 22m straps, but the strap can move side to side in the adapters.
    I understand, if the adaptors work, I suppose I can find a cheap 24mm strap off Amazon. They state 22 though, so I suppose we'll see. Can't have much faith in a cheapo no name brand though :D!

Jays and Kays make a 22mm adapter that takes a two piece strap.

Is the lug width 16mm like most standard G’s? If so I have a pair of black factory Casio Nato adapters and black factory nylon strap off a DW5600BBN that I’m not going to use (used the module for a mod). Not sure if those adapters will work on this case but they’re yours if you want them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information