Help me make my first G-Shock purchase (GW-6900BC or GW-M5600BC)

Thread: Help me make my first G-Shock purchase (GW-6900BC or GW-M5600BC)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me make my first G-Shock purchase (GW-6900BC or GW-M5600BC)

I'm close to making up my mind about what my first G-Shock watch should be and have narrowed it down to two models:

1. GW-6900BC
    2. GW-M5600BC

They have the same bracelet, and almost the same features, but the case is visually different.

The reason why I have such a hard time deciding between the models is that I want to wear it as my everyday watch and is a bit concerned that the 6900 is too large and bulky, but I like the extra features it carries even though I'm not sure I'm ever gonna use it (the moon-phase etc.)

So, the question being; if you had only money to buy one of these watches, which would it be and why?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help me make my first G-Shock purchase (GW-6900BC or GW-M5600BC)

I would find it quite hard to choose, and each of us comes at choices like this from a slightly different angle. To my eye, the atomic-solar 5600s have too much writing on them, which I find distracting. On the other hand, at least there are no bright colours on this one, and the overall look is discreet and purposeful.

The 6900 is dominated by its three eyes (and the labels are pretty small), but the time area of the display is very legible, without distractions. It's bigger than the 5600, but it's not as clumsily big (strictly a personal opinion) as some of the more recent models. It remains a practical size, as long as your wrists aren't much smaller than average.

My choice would be the 6900.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

As a first G-Shock I would choose the M5600. I find it far more practical in use due to the compact design, its less massive and fits perfect under a sleeve as well.

I would not choose the negative display also as you mention it as your everyday watch. The negative display is sometimes quite hard to read, I like it a lot but for me it is more something for a second G in the house Then the GW-6900BC would be perfect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am always 5600 > 6900

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I would not choose the negative display also as you mention it as your everyday watch. The negative display is sometimes quite hard to read, I like it a lot but for me it is more something for a second G in the house Then the GW-6900BC would be perfect.
    I thought that the negative displays where almost easier to read than the regular ones.
    That was atleast what I took out of another thread on this forum.

Could anyone with a negative display 5600 please share their experiences or link to some other posts about it? Thanks

easy choice for me: 6900

I love saying this. Buy them both!

I've had a few negative display G-Shocks and found them harder to read than normal ones.

Out of those two watches, I would probably choose the 6900 unless I was looking for something discreet. I really like the GW-M5600, but would wear it more if it were a little bigger. It would be a tough choice for me though as I'm a fan of both styles.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

The 5600 has my vote.

There is no moon phase indicator on the GW-6900.

If you don't like big watches and have small wrists, get the 5600, but I don't think the 6900 is too big.

Personally I wouldn't buy these watches, simply because I don't like the strap. A resin watch should have a full resin strap. Too bad they don't deliver these watches with a normal strap.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information