help me ! noooob !

Thread: help me ! noooob !

help me ! noooob !

hi guys first thing id like to say some of the pics of the G's in this thread are amazing !!! I am well jealous !!!

Right lets get on with it, i have recently discovered a little bit of an addiction to looking at watches online at the shops etc and it got me thinking about maybe starting a collection. I had/have a g shock from back in the day when i was a young teenager it has no box but from what i can gather it says dw 9000 on the back it has module 1627, its a dull yellow and grey colour. The problem is im guessing i tried to change the battery innit at some point as i found it in bits. from what i can tell from reading here and elsewhere online guides etc i have snapped the battery clip so it isnt held in tight, ive lost the spring for the alarm ? also one of the screws for the back case is missing. it seems to work if i hold the battery in place still but i would like to get it repaired and all put back together. is there anywhere i can get the bits im looking for ? is there anywhere u can recomend i take it in the south wales area of uk to be repaired professionally ?

any help would be great as id like to save this watch from the bin if i can :-/

Re: help me ! noooob !

You're probably better off buying a new one. You can get a decent G Shock for dirt cheap, or if you shop around you could get an atomic solar for about 70 quid, maybe less.

To get your old one fixed I'm guessing a watchmaker will charge you 30 quid straight away, then cost for additional parts.

If it is of sentimental value, and you want to DIY, perhaps look for a used piece for the parts?

---

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: help me ! noooob !

Cheers for the reply guys, yes its more of sentimental value i guess than anything else to be honest. I was thinking of maybe taking it somewhere local so i dont mess it up anymore than it already is, other than that i think i shall just keep my eyes peeled for a one for parts. :)

Thread Information