Help me out! Real or fake? Frogman G-Shock.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me out! Real or fake? Frogman G-Shock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me out! Real or fake? Frogman G-Shock.

I feel the need in my first post to give you a detailed discription of myself and plenty of photos of the item in question. So bear with me until the pictures please.

I am an eBay consigner. I deal a ton in electronics, Tv's, Video Games, Cameras, Camcorders etc. A longtime friend swung by my place today with a Frogman G-Shock. I dont know much about watches but I know some G-Shock's can be worth a ton.

My friend (will call him Steve) obtained this G-Shock from a friend of his (I know both partys...let call guy #2 John.) and the watch was won by Johns longtime Fiance through a contest directly from Casio. The watch is appearently a very limited edition.

John nor Steve have ever done wrong by me, neither is a person who comes off as a liar. Both are fairly well off and arent guys who hangout in knock off stores.

Still I have to do my due dillegence. There are plenty of things that match up. There are some things I am skeptical about. But I know next to nothing about these watches and would appreciate the opinion of a few experienced members here. I thank you in advance, the reason I came here is because I do not want to list something that could be fake on my account. I take pride in having a good reputation.

Thanks
    MPat

Photos.

Looks fake to me. I'm no G Shock expert but they usually say Casio on them somewhere. There is also typically some model # info on the back. I think your instincts were good on this one.

Re: Help me out! Real or fake? Frogman G-Shock.

I'm thinking it's fake as well. Everything about the watch says it's not a Casio G-Shock. The back case is not stamped with the normal Casio model number and module number and the display doesn't represent the traditional way in which Casio displays info such as the day of the week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

limited yes, this is a frankenfrogggie....based on the dw8200. The Day on the right upper section should have three large letters, ie SUN, taking up much of the space. Back cover should have a froggie , dw-8200 and yes the module #.
    Steve

Waiting Lounge: none

Looks very fake. The front bezel screws don't even fit well, especially the lower one.

---

No doubt it is a fake, the day is super off, the front says it is titanium and the screwback says it is Stainless Steel, if the case is titanium the screwback is Titanium, it does not say where it was made, what model, what module. Unless Casio released a frogman no one but a very select few know about, which is highly unlikely, it is a fake, sorry, but props on doing your due diligence.

It's as fake as they come I'm afraid. The module is nowhere near any real Frogman ever made.

It is a horrible fake. Not close at all.

There are too many things wrong with it to list.

The fact it says Titanium on the front, is a Divers watch and has a SS press on back might give you a clue.

Mitch

LUW

Butt-ugly fake .
    And "won directly from Casio" ? Only if it was from Kasio.
    Last edited by LUW; September 29th, 2012 at 04:50.
    Fer Guzman and GS_Leng like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

This watch the most cost $15 bucks.. Not bad for it...
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information