Help me pick one watch?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stratg5
  • 3 Post By Crater

Thread: Help me pick one watch?

Help me pick one watch?

I think I want to just own one watch, and I want it to be a g-shock. I like my 5600e, a lot actually but it just seems too simple to own by itself. I don't like my 6900, the display is too small and I don't like the eyes. I was thinking a frogman but man they are a lot. Even so, I think I could make a frogman my last watch. Is there anything similar to that at a lower price point? I want something with the basic features like alarm, chrono, timer, and maybe a couple of extras for good measure.

Re: Help me pick one watch?

Maybe an older 200 series frogman? Reasonable pricing (if not one of the limited editions) and resin still available.

Another thought might be the bigger 6900, the GDX6900.

Another one that may work for you is the GD-350.

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

I think the G-7900, GW-9200 and the GW-9010 could be considered as the affordable G-shocks with the most functions. The G-7900 is not solar and atomic the other two are.

I myself have found the ultimate G-shock in the GW-5500 (atomic, solar) series but that's because I love the look and I have an older version with the 1000 hour stopwatch.

Name:  gw-5500-1jf-2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  34.7 KB
    One of the two most recent released GW-5500 models, not sure if Japan only and no 1000 hour stopwatch
    Last edited by captain kid; January 27th, 2014 at 23:03.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Maybe an older 200 series frogman? Reasonable pricing (if not one of the limited editions) and resin still available.

Another thought might be the bigger 6900, the GDX6900.

Another one that may work for you is the GD-350.

sent with aloha
    Wow I think you hit the nail on the head, all watches I have recently considered. The frogman because of the shape and diver certification, the gdx6900 because of the jelly band and case, and the gd-350 because of the styling. Hmm you know me too well. I will have to check out the older series frogman I'm not familiar with them!
    Chrisek likes this.

get a DW-9900 frogman, it's smaller than current frogmans, it's titanium, and it's not that expensive. Only issue is getting spare resin if you ever need it and it does have one eye for the seconds.

Ordered a g9000. Really like the looks and mud resist. I looked at the rangeman and gulfman but they just didn't do it for me. I was really put off by digitals when I got my first g-shock, a dw9052 because it sat so high on my wrist. Went through an automatic phase, then rediscovered better fitting digitals. Now I just want one, maybe two to do the job and bond with haha that sounds lame.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    I think the G-7900, GW-9200 and the GW-9010 could be considered as the affordable G-shocks with the most functions. The G-7900 is not solar and atomic the other two are.

I myself have found the ultimate G-shock in the GW-5500 (atomic, solar) series but that's because I love the look and I have an older version with the 1000 hour stopwatch.

Name:  gw-5500-1jf-2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  34.7 KB
    One of the two most recent released GW-5500 models, not sure if Japan only and no 1000 hour stopwatch
    Agree, 5500 series are really versatile. It could easily be my only watch.

nigelw, captain kid and stratg5 like this.

Thread Information