Help me understand and choose a G-shock.

Thread: Help me understand and choose a G-shock.

Help me understand and choose a G-shock.

Hi. Maybe you guys can help me out. I was thinking of buying a g-shock. Now, i would like the best mudman modell there is, with atomic and solar and if possible made in 2008 or 2009. which one is the best and newest? I got kind of confused between all of them, for example the GW9000A-1 and the G9000MX-8. Which one isbetter and newer, and is newer also better?

Also, about the Frogman. Is it really good, or just a hype because its rare?

Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Help me understand and choose a G-shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Konz81 View Post
    Hi. Maybe you guys can help me out. I was thinking of buying a g-shock. Now, i would like the best mudman modell there is, with atomic and solar and if possible made in 2008 or 2009. which one is the best and newest? I got kind of confused between all of them, for example the GW9000A-1 and the G9000MX-8. Which one isbetter and newer, and is newer also better?

Thanks a lot!!!

GW 9010 is the newest atomic / solar mudman. the GW 9000 is the older model. the G9000 is not atomic or solar but has dual stop watch function very cool.
    The Frog is very unique and until you wear one you will not know if it is worth it for you. My thoughts are it is a great G over priced for the functions it has but I love the look and size of it. so if you get a price for close to 250 that would be very good. just my opinion.

You did not mention the Riseman GW 9200 one of the best Gs out now for close to 150

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Thanks a lot!!!

Just a quick answer. GW-9000 was released in 2006, feature atomic & solar.

G-9000MX is a colour variant of the G-9000 series. It was released in Feb-Mac 2009, no solar, no atomic.

My suggestion is if you need solar & atomic, go for the GW-9000, if not stick with the standar G-9000, and pick the colour you like best.

As for Frogman, I do not own one so I don't think it's wise for me to comment on it.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    You did not mention the Riseman GW 9200 one of the best Gs out now for close to 150
    +1 on that one.

I tend to purchase G's that have Tough Solar/Atomic.

Does one really need the Atomic feature, maybe not but it's cool and useful to me. Tough Solar is another discussion but I really like this feature because I don't like to change batteries and from an environmental standpoint I wish all quartz watches could benefit from this. Plus, you can always count on a Tough Solar because you'll never have a dead battery. This is one reason I sold my Suunto. They are battery hogs and my Pathfinder never has to have the battery changed.

Spring for the extra features, I'm sure you won't be sorry.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry.GEG View Post
    Plus, you can always count on a Tough Solar because you'll never have a dead battery.
    Probably.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Well, guys. Thanks for all the help. Now i know which one to buy. the GW 9010.

THX!

Well, guys. Thanks for all the help. Now i know which one to buy. the GW 9010.

THX!
    Nice choice. I haven't been disappointed with mine at all.

The GW-9010 is a good choice. I enjoy mine. Good luck, and post wrist shots once it arrives.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

This one has moved to the top of my "I want list" already- almost got one last week. Good choice!

Thread Information