Help A Mech Fan!

Thread: Help A Mech Fan!

Help A Mech Fan!

I really enjoy auto mechanical watches, (my current favorite is my Seamaster) but I need something I can wear and not worry about it getting dinged up. With mechanical watches, I favor simple dials and simple designs. For a GShock, I'd like a legible face, but all the functions I could get. I've glanced at the ProTrek series but think I'd prefer a GShock. The solar atomic Mudman looks great, any suggestions for a Gshock that is extremely durable, lots of functions, but has a non-cluttered, legible face?

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Help A Mech Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by coda View Post
    I really enjoy auto mechanical watches, (my current favorite is my Seamaster) but I need something I can wear and not worry about it getting dinged up. With mechanical watches, I favor simple dials and simple designs. For a GShock, I'd like a legible face, but all the functions I could get. I've glanced at the ProTrek series but think I'd prefer a GShock. The solar atomic Mudman looks great, any suggestions for a Gshock that is extremely durable, lots of functions, but has a non-cluttered, legible face?
    hi coda,

the solar atomic is already a very good choice, though I personally find the display cluttered because of the 5 "eyes". personally I prefer the non-solar, non-atomic mudman G-9000, in my opinion the diplay is much clearer and the functions are a lot better too (24h countdown timer, 2 stopwatches, alarms can set by date, display can flash alternately when using alarm and/or countdown timer, brighter el-backlight)

there are two other g-shocks I often recommend as well, one is the G-2800 with the biggest digits I'm aware of:

or the G-2300/2310 series, here shown a G-2300B-1V

basically you can't go wrong with any of them (or any g-shock for that matter) its just a matter of personal preferences.

regards, holger

Stick to a 5600 variant is my advice. If you're in the USA or Japan you can get an atomic version, the GW-5600 which does everything you need and has one of the most legible faces of any G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Gulfman is the best in this moment!!!In the future...I dont know..

I can vouch for the 2300. And I particularly like the Nylon band.

Tough as nails and good set of functions. Never realized how handy a 24 hour countdown and 5 alarms was.

GW700BDJ-2

Austin

Victorinox Swiss Army Original 24221
    Luminox 3600 Series
    Casio G-Shock G-100
    Casio G-Shock GW700BDJ-2

Thread Information