HELP! Which model is this???

Thread: HELP! Which model is this???

HELP! Which model is this???

Hi,

I have a problem :-S

I saw in some forum a new G-Shock a few weeks ago and would now like to purchase it. Problem is, I dunno which model it is and I dont find it no matter how much I try to find it O|

So.... it is like a "reissue" of the DW5300 but somewha modernized. It has a pretty similar looking rectangular case, it is solar powered and has autorepeat timer. Looks mean and lean, a great issuewatch for military purposes. The one thing that should make it more identifiable is the fact that the pushers are BIG and RED, if not remember wrong they were rectangular in shape.

Please, please help. I want to have a new G so I can give some rest for my Brazilian Frogman :-D

Thanks for reading!
    JCJM (UTC+2)

--
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Wink Re: HELP! Which model is this???

I think you mean the G-5500. It's in fact the reissue of the DW-5500 G-ShockII, a.k.a. "Mudman".

I wanted a DW-5500 fro a long time, but the prices are extreme high if you know to find one. I'm very glad that I own a similar looking model now. Indeed it's now Tough Solar. At the moment the model is sold out in Japan, but new stock will arrive at the beginning of November. Only available, so if you have no personal contacts in JP, you can use the excellent services of mr. Katsu Higutchi-San or mr. Seiya-San.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; October 31st, 2006 at 20:36.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: HELP! Which model is this???

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    I think you mean the G-5500. It's in fact the reissue of the DW-5500 G-ShockII, a.k.a. "Mudman".

I wanted a DW-5500 fro a long time, but the prices are extreme high if you know to find one. I'm very glad that I own a similar looking model now. Indeed it's now Tough Solar. At the moment the model is sold out in Japan, but new stock will arrive at the beginning of November. Only available, so if you have no personal contacts in JP, you can use the excellent services of mr. Katsu Higutchi-San or mr. Seiya-San.

Cheers,

Sjors
    JAAAAAAAAHUUUUUUU!!! It is this one exactly Thanks a million :thanks :thanks :thanks
    JCJM (UTC+2)

--
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One thing to note, while not particularly thick, this is a pretty large G Shock. Here's a pic next to a 5600C for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the solar panel part of the display really as 'invisible' as it looks? No 'purple' effect, but jet black? That's a great advance for Casio if it's the way it appears in the pictures.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Wink Re: HELP! Which model is this???

Hi Alan,

I actually looked on my GW-9000 on my wrist and realized it also has very black solar cells. Indeed, my G-5500 has also very black solar cells. I don't know if it's because of my poor light conditions at the moment, but I think these cells are on both watches very black. Never noticed that actually. THanks for pointing on that!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Is the solar panel part of the display really as 'invisible' as it looks? No 'purple' effect, but jet black? That's a great advance for Casio if it's the way it appears in the pictures.
    Although the solar panel on the 5500 doesn't appear as purple as that on most of the other Casio's, it is indeed purple. I think because the surface area of this one is so small and it's so close to the case edges, it's hard for the light to hit it and get that purple shine.

Often, it looks grey which I think makes the watch look very nice, but no question...get a bright light on it at the right angle and you'll see the purple.
    Last edited by petew; October 31st, 2006 at 22:26. Reason: spelling

Ah well...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information