Help for modifying GShock

Thread: Help for modifying GShock

Help for modifying GShock

Has anyone modified a Master of G Gshock G9300-1 (the red and black one, not the men in smoky gray or the black and gold one) to a negative display? any pictures? would any of you recommend this? i have seen the instructions on how to modify this, but im a little scared to do it. is it easy? how do you do change the color of the gshock to all matt black? thanks in advance.

Re: Help for modifying GShock

changing a display from positive to negative can be tricky, it's fairly easy to do but also easy to mess up. i would recommend trying it on a cheaper G that you are not as worried about, that way you can see if the results are satisfactory before screwing around with your Mudman.

changing your G to all-black, or "stealthing" is a bit easier; you simply remove the clothing (band A, band B, and bezel) and boil the 3 pieces in hot water to soften up the writing, then remove the colored lettering gently with a toothpick or somesuch tool. another way is to simply paint over the lettering with black Testor's enamel paint, or even cheaper, black nail polish (which works great). just get some nail polish remover to wipe off the excess with a tissue or q-tip before it dries and it should look fine.

Re: Help for modifying GShock

I've never been happy with any negative display mod I've done. They all end up looking darker than I would prefer, with less contrast. I would advise against it unless you are already experienced doing this mod and have an idea of what it will look like.

Thread Information