Help With My King's Buckle
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help With My King's Buckle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member gadgetguy1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Phila, Pa USA
    Posts
    50

    Help With My King's Buckle

    How do I remove the buckle on my king I tried turning the screws with a some precision screw drivers and can not get them to turn and hope I have not striped them. Can someone help me on how to remove the buckle
    "NERDS WITH SWAG"

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    371

    Confused Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy1968 View Post
    How do I remove the buckle on my king I tried turning the screws with a some precision screw drivers and can not get them to turn and hope I have not striped them. Can someone help me on how to remove the buckle
    I don't own a King G but from looking at some pictures it looks like you might need two Phillips head screwdrivers to use at the same time but I can't say for sure.. Maybe someone here who owns one might can give you better advice :)
    **I <3 G's**

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raincouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,679

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    the screws are regular, maybe you need a smaller screw-driver, i use one that fix glasses, found at drug-stores and maybe some Dollar-store
    _________________
    Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.Oscar Wilde

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member StephenWatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    I'm surprised that no one has come forward yet with a defintive answer to this. I also don't actually own one, but common sense would tell me that the screw must screw into something. Hence, I would hazard a very educated guess that if there is a screw at each side of the buckle, then it should be a classic male/female coupling. You need two screwdrivers, then hold one side's screw still, whilst unscrewing the other side. You'll also find a third hand comes in useful...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...



    GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

  6. #5
    Member stpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoMD
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has come forward yet with a defintive answer to this. I also don't actually own one, but common sense would tell me that the screw must screw into something. Hence, I would hazard a very educated guess that if there is a screw at each side of the buckle, then it should be a classic male/female coupling. You need two screwdrivers, then hold one side's screw still, whilst unscrewing the other side. You'll also find a third hand comes in useful...
    I guess it depends on if it is like the GWF-1000 Frogman, or like the Aviation series bands. The 1000 series simply unscrews from the body and the screw has an extension that goes about half way through the watch and holds the band in place. The aviation series has a male/female coupling as described. Either way, they are often pretty tight from the factory. Make sure you have the right size screw driver so you don't strip the head. If you have, post some pics and we'll give you some advice how to recover.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

  7. #6
    Member Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    Take a look at the flickr photostream of a GX-56 being taken apart:
    Casio GX-56 - 12 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Looks like the screws don't screw into each other but into the case - like on the G(W)-90XX series.

    cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

  8. #7
    Member waldoloko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    142

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    They are regular screws. Theyre just really tight. Ive taken the buckle off from my king, one was tighter then the other one and i almost gave up...

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    371

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Take a look at the flickr photostream of a GX-56 being taken apart:
    Casio GX-56 - 12 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Looks like the screws don't screw into each other but into the case - like on the G(W)-90XX series.

    cheers, Sedi
    I looked at them but didn't see anything showing how the buckle comes off
    **I <3 G's**

  10. #9
    Member Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Diver View Post
    I looked at them but didn't see anything showing how the buckle comes off
    Oops - you're right - kind of overlooked we're talking about the buckle here.

    cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    371

    Re: Help With My King's Buckle

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Oops - you're right - kind of overlooked we're talking about the buckle here.

    cheers, Sedi
    Those were good pics though, I think they showed everything BUT the buckle lol!
    **I <3 G's**

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •