Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

Thread: Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

    Hi
    Looking for a toolish G-shock for all round everyday ware-one watch to rule them all type of thing
    something that is not too in your face though,I like subtle,under the radar things.Looking to spend under £150 ish

    Listed below are some of the watches I've been looking at- a fair mix I think
    GW-M5610-1ERC
    G5600KG-3CR
    G-9000-3VER
    G-6900KG 3CR
    GW-7900B-1ER
    GW-6900-1ER
    DW-5600-1ER
    not after anything too big,just a smart looking,under the radar, all day use, unstoppable,unbreakable watch-what do you guys recommend?

  2. #2
    Member CanonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

    Seems like a decent list, since you haven't said you NEED tide graphs etc I'd suggest that you buy the one you like the look of most!

    You've got listed traditional rectangle types, older smaller models and the proper chunky types like the 7900. So your personal pref must be the deciding factor.

    We'll love you no matter which hehe.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Re: Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew&7 View Post
    Seems like a decent list, since you haven't said you NEED tide graphs etc I'd suggest that you buy the one you like the look of most!

    You've got listed traditional rectangle types, older smaller models and the proper chunky types like the 7900. So your personal pref must be the deciding factor.

    We'll love you no matter which hehe.
    traditional rectangle types, older smaller models-this is what I seem to be edging towards,I do want it to look like a G-Shock though,I just need the time in 24hrs,the date and a light that works really,should I be looking at any other G-Shocks?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member CanonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

    Get thee to Casio's website (for your country) and Amazon and check them out.

    You'll want an EL backlight - (electroluminescent) which likely all recent digi models have though analogue ones don't - but otherwise I'd say they'll all do what you want and more.

    The GX56 appears the only rectangular model which wouldn't fly under the radar (more likely straight through at and take it out in the process) and I think the 6900 series would (could - depending on version) be about the most low key in design and colour of the circular ones.

    I'm sure some more learned members will offer suggestions and on-wrist pictures ago-go very soon but yeah, get online for browsing and check out local stores too. Then give us a proper short list if you are still undecided.

    (notice the masterful fence-sitting)
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Re: Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew&7 View Post
    Get thee to Casio's website (for your country) and Amazon and check them out.

    You'll want an EL backlight - (electroluminescent) which likely all recent digi models have though analogue ones don't - but otherwise I'd say they'll all do what you want and more.

    The GX56 appears the only rectangular model which wouldn't fly under the radar (more likely straight through at and take it out in the process) and I think the 6900 series would (could - depending on version) be about the most low key in design and colour of the circular ones.

    I'm sure some more learned members will offer suggestions and on-wrist pictures ago-go very soon but yeah, get online for browsing and check out local stores too. Then give us a proper short list if you are still undecided.

    (notice the masterful fence-sitting)
    -duly noted lol

  7. #6
    Member cal..45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)
    Posts
    8,512

    Re: Help needed,best toolish stealthy type G-shock

    Quote Originally Posted by Bracey View Post
    traditional rectangle types, older smaller models-this is what I seem to be edging towards,I do want it to look like a G-Shock though,I just need the time in 24hrs,the date and a light that works really,should I be looking at any other G-Shocks?
    The DW-5600 should fit your criteria very well. In my opinion this one is hard to beat for subtleness and functionality, the value is excellent.


    cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •