Help with new gw6900-1 atomic setting

Thread: Help with new gw6900-1 atomic setting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with new gw6900-1 atomic setting

Hi, new to the forum. Picked up a new gw6900-1 and love the watch, had a couple of other G's years ago. My question is when I do a manual sync with the atomic function and I see L3 indicating a good signal, the rcvd flashes for a couple of minutes then beep and I get this: err 12-11
    00:05

I believe this means that it last synced on 12-11-13. Then I let I sit by the window last night and it should have auto updated starting a midnight ( auto update is turned on). I have tried this in the house by a window and outside. I am in Plymouth mi. And I know the single is coming from Fort Collins Colorado.

what if anything am I doing wrong?

if it last updated on 12-11-13 it would have been in the store where I got it

Re: Help with new gw6900-1 atomic setting

There's a bunch of recent threads that address sync in N. America. Basically best radio reception well after sunset. Get away from other radios, routers, computers, etc.

I wait until just after midnight. Experiment with different window locations and once you see L3, don't touch or move the watch for a few minutes until it completes the sync.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

A big 'thumbs up" to everything yankeexpress said!

In addition:

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    There's a bunch of recent threads that address sync in N. America.
    Here are the most recent three -- from three weeks ago: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/aut...-a-948238.html

Two weeks ago: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/i-c...nc-949831.html

One week ago: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...ck-954555.html

If you read/skim them in order, you'll see that each references the one(s) before it -- it's a common problem for people who keep "normal" first shift type hours, but that's why Casio (generally) designed their watches to auto-synch between midnight and 5 AM when the signal is easiest to receive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replys. I will keep try different windows around the house and let it sit overnight.

I tried very hard for about 2 days to get my GW6900 to sync manually, doing everything I could think of or read about. I couldn't seem to find a good signal anywhere I went. Eventually I sort of gave up and decided it wasn't worth stressing over but was disappointed. That night I got a sync at 2 or 3am, the watch had just been left on my desk, not near a window or anything like that, no witchcraft involved. It does seem that the atomic models scan be finicky about syncs but if you just let it do it's thing and check it every day I'm willing to bet it just starts doing it. Maybe not every night but even once every few weeks should be enough to keep super accurate time.

Congrats on the watch, too. It's a good one!

Believe or not, all of my atomic's sync facing east in my home office on the shelf below my desk next to my case with all my other G's. Crazy isn't it.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Mine sync'd at noon (manually) in a north-facing window the first time I tried (just south of Kansas City, Missouri, USA).
    Life is short. Drink good beer.

"Never try to outstubborn a cat.” -- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff View Post
    Mine sync'd at noon (manually) in a north-facing window the first time I tried (just south of Kansas City, Missouri, USA).
    Congratulations -- I suspect that your experience might be the exception rather than the rule, though.

At "only" 565 miles, I think you're a lot closer to Ft. Collins than a lot of us who haven't had much luck with daytime synchs.

Finely got it to sync this morning at 4 min after midnight. I was pretty sure I had the auto - sync turned on but checked anyway and low and behold it was off, turned it on and placed it in a west facing window and when I grabbed it this morning the rcvd symbol was there.

Thanks for all the comments and help

Good deal, and glad to hear that everything worked as it should have!

As long as you leave it on "auto" it will probably continue to receive every night at 12:04 -- the new question becomes "will you have to keep putting it in the same window, or will it receive in other locations in the house?" My bedroom in Oho has windows facing south and west and all of my atomics receive successfully every night, whether they're across the room from the window or on my wrist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information